• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root access with super one click

Mr. Ed

Extreme Android User
Jun 27, 2010
Over Yonder
Looks like the Thrill can be rooted right away via Super One Click.

I will try it in a bit... here is a video someone put on youtube

[APP]SuperOneClick v2.1.1 (Finally fixed!) - xda-developers

you will need the drivers
http://www.lg.com/us/products/documents/LGAndroidDriver_Ver_1.0_All.exe

Thanks Maerlem!

and of course..the big curious question...how easy can we get O3d roms ported over...

I will post what I find, as I find it. I will not be doing much until I can get Clockwork mod on it. I will have to hit up Rom Manager and see if they have something for it yet.

I just picked up the Thrill the other day and would like to give a root a try. I just have a couple basic questions that I hope someone would be kind enough to shed some light on.

I don't plan on running any custom roms. I basically want to either uninstall or disable bloatware. To accomplish this is all I have to do is get root?

Also, once ATT puts out the 2.3 update, how do I get that? Do I have to unroot, then update?

I have no problem hard resetting...so after I root and the new update comes, could I just do the following...

Hard reset (assuming this removes root)
Run the ATT update
Re-Root

Would this work?

Finally if I do root and remove apps, will a hard reset restore all deleted apps as well as unroot it?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice any one can give this noob.

-C

Upvote 0
I just picked up the Thrill the other day and would like to give a root a try. I just have a couple basic questions that I hope someone would be kind enough to shed some light on.

I don't plan on running any custom roms. I basically want to either uninstall or disable bloatware. To accomplish this is all I have to do is get root?

Also, once ATT puts out the 2.3 update, how do I get that? Do I have to unroot, then update?

I have no problem hard resetting...so after I root and the new update comes, could I just do the following...

Hard reset (assuming this removes root)
Run the ATT update
Re-Root

Would this work?

Finally if I do root and remove apps, will a hard reset restore all deleted apps as well as unroot it?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice any one can give this noob.

-C

You would do these steps

Root
Use titanium backup to FREEZE bloat

Thaw bloat
Unroot
Update

Really root

Reactions: tmoca
Upvote 0
So I am FREEZING apps not deleting them.???

Does a hard reset restore the apps as well as unroot the phone?

I know that this was the case back with my W6.5 phone.

A hard reset will not unroot the phone....though I do believe it will restore the apps to thawed status.

to unroot you will need to use the "unroot" option in super one click

Reactions: tmoca
Upvote 0
A hard reset will not unroot the phone....though I do believe it will restore the apps to thawed status.

to unroot you will need to use the "unroot" option in super one click

Cool. Thanks so much for all of your help. I am still learning and still gathering info before I take the plunge. I might just wait a few days to see if AT&T finally release the update to 2.3 before I try to root that way I don't have to deal with the un-rooting to apply the update.

I can't thank you and enough for all your input.

-C

Upvote 0
Cool. Thanks so much for all of your help. I am still learning and still gathering info before I take the plunge. I might just wait a few days to see if AT&T finally release the update to 2.3 before I try to root that way I don't have to deal with the un-rooting to apply the update.

I can't thank you and enough for all your input.

-C

Glad to help!!

Upvote 0
Just trying to root my HTC Sensation (UK on O2), using SuperOneClick V2.3.3.0 – I enable usb debugging, unmount the SD card and then hit “root” it completes checks for existing Shellroot and Root all say False. It then starts to shell root when i clicked root, it gets right to the end and says “remounting /system with read-only access…” – it offers to test i click yes, it then advises its sending an SU to phone but nothing happens on phone.

I go in apps and "superuser" is there but on pressing it, it force closes. On restart it disappears as if i have done a shell root but i definitely pressed "root"??

Help please

image of the superoneclick program after completion - ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Upvote 0
I have been trying to root my lg thrill 4g with superoneclick and it keeps getting frozen on "shell rooing device step #7" I am using superoneclick v2.3.3 and my phone running android version 2.3.5 any help would be great THANKS! P.S I am a "noob" at all this android and rooting business so details would be even better. This where It "stops responding" or freezes http://postimage.org/image/70v5t64jp/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones