1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root access

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jason2878, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Jason2878

Jason2878 Newbie

I have been trying to gain root access to my phone. I do not have a computer or laptop to do this with. Can anyone give me any advise on how to do this?

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

GameTheory and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Jason2878

Jason2878 Newbie

T
    Thank you. Must turn in this crap then. I mean it's a great phone but it's a prisoner of its self the way designers locked it down. No way to access either at the moment. Thinking of going big boy Galaxy anyway.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

just an fyi most new phones will need a pc to root. it is not like in the past where there were some one-click or app that would root the phone. as the android os gets updated, so does the security. thus making it more difficult to root. also some phones are easier then others to root like google's pixel lines of phones.

mikedt and GameTheory like this.
  5. GameTheory

GameTheory Android Expert

I'd like to point out that Motorola is one of the root friendly brands still left. Just like a Pixel you can go to the Motorola website to get instructions on how to unlock the bootloader for your model. Rooting is easy from there.

It's been a long time since I've used a one-click app to root a phone. Those things are risky anyways. Some come with weird chinese root exploits and I just don't trust them.

Surely you must have a friend that will let you use their PC for a few minutes. By the way, you can go "big boy galaxy" and still be in the same predicament.

mikedt and ocnbrze like this.
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Yep my note 10+ is locked down pretty tight..... there's no rooting this puppy unfortunately.

GameTheory likes this.

Motorola Moto E4 Forum

The Motorola Moto E4 release date was June 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, MT6737 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

June 2017
Release Date
Reviews