• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Advice - Power button no longer works

mms1946

Apr 30, 2010
MD
Power button no longer works at all. I would like to root my phone and use the camera button as my power button. Is this possible? If so, can you point me to what I need to install?

My phone is not rooted, but I'll follow the sticky guide to get that done.

I already have a proximity sensor app installed as well as the Gravitiy screen app, but neither are as reliable as the power button.

Thanks for your help!

I'm sorry none of us noticed this earlier.

I can't believe that someone without this model phone is dispensing root advice. :mad:

Rooting your LTEvo is really easy.

If you need help, I'd be happy to join in.

Have you installed a TWRP custom recovery?

It's important that you do and it's not difficult.

As for the problem -

Check out "Power On Volume (Button Fix)"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=baron.williams.PowerOnVolume

Upvote 0
Sorry I just saw your message. I did root my phone then I unrooted it. I tried to get the button remapper app to work. It apparently does not support the HTC EVO 4G LTE. I did purchase a new power button and replaced it. Phone is working great. The replacement button is available on Amazon.... just search for "htc evo 4g lte power button replacement".

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones