1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root root and bad esn?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by williamgibbs, Sep 27, 2011.

1. williamgibbs

williamgibbs Lurker
    None

Oct 30, 2010
    i bought a droid incredible 2 off a guy on craigslist. i know, i should have checked the esn before i left with the phone. i didnt. it was brand new in the box. still had plastic on the face, not a scratch, accessories hand not been opened, etc.

it was his phone, verified by the number i called him on and his name, but after he sold it to me and before i tried to activate it (after about 2 weeks) he turned it in as lost to asurion and they blacklisted the esn. i called both verizon and asurion and explained what happen, offered to fill out reports on a fraudulent claim against him, etc. they didnt want to be bothered and said there was nothing i could do but send them the phone it was their property. I even offered to pay them to fix the phone and they said they wouldnt do that either.

and of course i called the guy back and he just acted like he had no idea what i was talking about and then blocked my number. police report and all this is just a waste of time over $200.

anyway, with that being said, its a incredible 2 global. can it be rooted/flashed or whatever to work on another network other than verizon, with that esn issue? even if its one of those prepay ones, etc?

Advertisement

2. KrippyKreme

KrippyKreme Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Data Analyst
    Tennessee
    I'm sorry to hear about your luck. People are assholes!

The easiest option, I think would be flashing it to Cricket Wireless; if you have it in your area. They are really the only carrier that doesn't give a shit if it's a stolen device as long as they get money.

My wife is a former Verizon employee and said that customer service can remove the blacklisted phone if they want. You just have to talk to the right rep. Explain what happened in a very nice manner and she said they might just hook you up.

bberryhill0 likes this.
  3. KrippyKreme

KrippyKreme Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Data Analyst
    Tennessee
    Any luck with the phone?