• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root and Battery question

If you just rooted get SetCPU and set profiles so that the processor is underclocked while screen off/low battery/high temps you will notice a significant difference in battery life for the good. Also, have you downloaded any new apps or installed any new widgets? The only widgets I use are SimiClock with Weather, Handscent, and WinAmp, the only account sync I use are for my work emails and gmail. I deleted/frooze all the bloatware including HTCFacebook ( I just use the Facebook App as it is so much better) you can use Sync my pix to transfer over pictures to contacts and you still have facebook phone book

Upvote 0
That all depends on the kernel and rom combo your using... But mainly the kernel. What set up are you running right now?

I didn't load any kernels or roms, just the stock rom after unrevoked. SetCPU was one of the first things i installed and I underclocked with the screen off and and battery lower than 30%. It's really not a big issue as I have an extended 3000 mah battery. Just curious if it was normal to see a small drop in battery life

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones