• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root and CWM Recovery for ZTE Concord 2

i actually found another problem it seems that for the gallery app in Rom doesnt want to play videos that i have created or even just downloaded and i havnt found a fix to it. also would your rather me talk about your Rom on your post?

That would be the appropriate procedure, yes. This thread is for the CWM you're using and issues related to that recovery specifically. Also helps other ppl from needing to read thru "thread clutter" that's not related to title of thread.

Upvote 0
Computer Kingo to root and rasr wouldn't grant you the root/and or SU rights needed to perform the recovery IMG. hmmmm well there are quite a few "Flash apks" these days. Try a few more off playsore. If no other apks are cutting it try rebooting or shut ur phone off and try rashr again. You are rooted through Kingo's temp root tool and have Kingo user apk installed correct?

Upvote 0
Well first off I didn't use Hroark13s method cause I don't own a PC. I used Kingo Root, and downloaded kingo user apk and made sure itvwas installed and in my apk drawer. Idk why exactly but it doesn't seam to want to give up root without Kingo user umungst you're lineup of apks. After those two things were installed I started attempting root using Kingo it took me a few times until I installed Kingo User off playstore then she never gave me much of a fuss rerooting (because its a temp root. Meaning if you reboot or turn er off or on, You must reroot. You can even run SuperSU right over Kingo root. And or install one of bcrichsters fine ROMs whish have SuperSU included within his ROM/ROMs. So Kingo root tool, while kingo users intact. Some have had to attempt root a few times some get er right away, but Kingo user must be already umungst you're apks for root to take using Kingo. Then I mysef used rashr to flash CWM recovery and flashed Jolly Xper!ment which was originally built for me by the ever so talented bcrichster. And that is how I accomplished all this on the Concord 2 by ZTE. I hope you keep on er and have success and enjoy!

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Well just make sure its downloaded and u see it in you're app drawer and/or home screen. Just make sure you have it. Make sure its installed.
Ty-
Also, if someone could PM me the rooting file that is on Mega.(the one in the start of this thread) that would be great, as the link wont work for me.
@The-Truth is telling ya good info, BTW. [emoji41]

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
Hey bcrichter, could you give me the mega file real quick?
I don't have it. Never did. Never had this device either, just helped a few ppl out. Sorry bro. Use the Kingo version of Root. Get temp Root, DL Flashify or rashr and install CWM made for this device then flash a SuperSu.zip for permanent Root or my J011y Xper!ment ROM which has SuperSu built-in

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
I'm very unsure about this "Mega method" etc. Or what you're referring to exactly myself. If I had anything close to this "file" you believe Mega to hold, I'd be more than happy to pass er along to you. But I'm afraid you may have been miss informed concerning any (Root method contained in any Mega file) of mine or anyone else's I'm pretty certain. Sorry bud, I gave You the Root and recovery methoded I found to work for me no PC. Other than that there is the great Hroark13s method.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones