1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root and CWM Recovery for ZTE Concord 2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hroark13, Sep 24, 2014.

1. MrZ730

MrZ730 Newbie

@The-Truth I meant the one from this thread, hroarks.

2. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

Ya Hroark and his method have nothing to do with Mega either. His PC method is however at the beginning of this thread but has NOTHING to do with mega.

3. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

I take that back on second look I see that there might be something within mega an updated method maybe I'm not sure as to I can't link to mega myself

4. MrZ730

MrZ730 Newbie

But the link to his file is Mega

5. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

Not the one under the mega linked one. To be honest this is the first time I seen a mega linked methods. I myself didn't use a PC anyway so I wouldn't be of any help with the PC method

6. MrZ730

MrZ730 Newbie

Could you get ahold of Hroark13 for me then?

7. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

Bro, its not like I got it like that with Hroark to just go hunting him down on the forums here to ask him why mega doesn't link us all to its file/files. Not to mention that would be more of a request for Mega to update theyre linking issues. Which I do plan on rating Mega and maybe emailing them cause I use mega aswell. But as far as hunting Hroark13 down I'm afraid I will leave that up to you. You're chances are as good as mine bro. Sorry man wish I could be of more assistance.

bcrichster likes this.
  8. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

If Hroark13 doesn't reply then ur only option may be to just use @The-Truth 's Rooting methods he stated or go without. Str8 up, sorry.. [emoji41]

The-Truth likes this.
  9. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Also, regardless of HOW you Root, you can always install CWM recovery and flash a ROM that doesn't have or use Kingo cuz I made them with SuperSu instead. SuperSu will completely replace Kingo and you'll only be able to remove bloat by installing the Deodexed/Debloated ROMs. The J011y Xper!ment is further modified to look nicer/be faster.. Your system is write protected, don't forget.. So I made the ROMs for options. Go ahead and Root with Kingo and replace it with a better recovery then ROM that doesn't use Kingo.

The-Truth likes this.
  10. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

Yup! as soon as you gain root with kingo you can run SuperSU right over Kingo. Then just uninstall anything left on you're device labeled/affiliated with Kingo, which would be Kingo rooting tool and Kingo user apk off playstore. And yes bcrichsters Jolly Xper!ment also includes SuperSU.

11. MrZ730

MrZ730 Newbie

@The-Truth @bcrichster The kingo method id not working for me, I could send you a video of what happens, if you want.

12. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

Send it I'll take a look man

13. MrZ730

MrZ730 Newbie

Ok, Ill make a vid, brb.

14. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Have you updated the "security enhancement"? If so, that can possibly hold you back on Rooting as well. If not, then don't do the update & just keep trying to Root

The-Truth likes this.
  15. MrZ730

MrZ730 Newbie

Security enhancement? Please explain?

16. MrZ730

MrZ730 Newbie

@bcrichster Do you have teamviewer? I could give you access to my phone to try to root.

17. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

No Ty-, don't need to. @The-Truth gave you step by step instructions. You may need to try several times as well.

The-Truth likes this.
  18. MrZ730

MrZ730 Newbie

So, I used the old file and (pooossibly) successfully rooted. But now my phone is acting up just a little, not neccesarily a softbrick tho... Edit: @bcrichster, this is off topic, but could you make Jo11y Exper!meant running lollipop or marshmallow?

#493 MrZ730, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  19. MrZ730

MrZ730 Newbie

My phones going all stupid now and freezing at random

20. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

No Sir I can't. That device is stuck with JB 4.3 but I did in fact include some KK APK's for ya. I'm a bit of a Themer, not a compiling Dev. Yet.
    Your next function should be to immediately install CWM recovery (before any reboots) then install another ROM with permanent Root, that should straighten you out..

#495 bcrichster, Feb 9, 2016
    The-Truth likes this.
  21. MrZ730

MrZ730 Newbie

@bcrichster No, i used the old version of hroarks method, it auto put in CWM and is perma root.

bcrichster likes this.
  22. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Oh.. OK! Then install a deodexed/debloated stock ROM.. Or have you already done so?

23. MrZ730

MrZ730 Newbie

I would have, accept I can not give permissions, and my phone even running SLOW now, now would really be a good time for teamviewer...@bcrichster

#498 MrZ730, Feb 9, 2016
  24. MrZ730

MrZ730 Newbie

Please help @bcrichster I cant go without my phone

25. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

That.. Doesn't make sense. Either you have Root or you don't.
    1. Do you have the desired ROM you want installed on external SD?
    2. What do you mean about not giving permissions? You don't need to worry about accessing permissions if you're in recovery.. Make sure you can access recovery as well

I've never done TeamViewer with ppl before and trust maybe 3 Lol with PC's and ur not currently one of them. Sorry, Lol. [emoji12]

ZTE Concord 2 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews