1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root and CWM Recovery for ZTE Concord 2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hroark13, Sep 24, 2014.

1. MrZ730

MrZ730 Newbie

Oh, well, yeah, I can go from off using Volume up and power to boot it into the CWM recovery screen, what do I do from there to flash the debloted rom?

bcrichster likes this.
  2. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

NOW WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE!! OK, make sure ya got the one ya want on SD. If you want/need realtime assistance just PM me here in AF or hmu in Hangouts @ (edited)

Edit.. May be useful to also DL FOTAkill zip from my Xper!ment thread and install after the ROM as well. Save ya some update nags and aggravation as well

#502 bcrichster, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    The-Truth likes this.
  3. MrZ730

MrZ730 Newbie

I summon @The-Truth as I could really use his help!

4. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

Bro there's nothing else I can do for you. If you have CWM custom recovery on you're concord 2 I would flash Jolly Xper!ment if I were you. Its the best thing you're device has going for it. Makes the phone run like a dream. A lot of debloating has been done not to mention quite a few tweaks thanks to bcrichster. last thing I read you say is that you can boot into CWM. If so I would wipe everything but you're SD card, reboot to recovery from recovery just to make sure any remnants of you're stock ROM are out of the way and not "mixed in" with Jolly Xper!ment so there are no issues with the ROM you're going to run. If you are new to flashing ROMs Google is a great pal. Or check out a guide on Android or maybe XDA forums on how to flash a custom ROM. Other than that there's nothing more I can do for you on my end. I would read up on what you're trying to get done with you're device if I were you. Good luck. [emoji6]

5. MrZ730

MrZ730 Newbie

@The-Truth ooh, I just need your help backing up to SD card

bcrichster likes this.
  6. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

Backing up what you're stock ROM? If so make sure you have room on you're SD card, make sure you're backup is going to you're EXT SD by being on EXT SD card partition within recovery and in you're case since you have CWM & not a touch screen recovery such as TWRP, hit power button when youre on proper (backup option) and back up you're ROM.

bcrichster likes this.
  7. hroark13

hroark13 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer Thread Starter

just use the (old version) link underneath the mega link

bcrichster and The-Truth like this.
  8. twig123

twig123 Lurker

9. MrZ730

MrZ730 Newbie

What does the update add?

10. twig123

twig123 Lurker

It's all the same root method/files as the old version, but this is a more guided version and removes some of the setup bugs that were in the original.

11. hroark13

hroark13 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer Thread Starter

The-Truth and bcrichster like this.
  12. Can i change recovery.img & edit asec.bat to install twrp instead of cwm?

13. cyanoGEN14

cyanoGEN14 Newbie

Install AdAway/ Xposed Fram- enable S - OFF

Hello, anyone here know how to enable S - OFF to install the application AdAway and Xposed Framework on my zte Z730 ?

14. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

I believe my J011y Xper!ment ROM has Xposed and an adblocker built-in.. I had to preinstall it in ROM cuz your device is write protected on system. @The-Truth ..??

The-Truth likes this.
  15. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

Right, right and the add blocker is an init.d script I believe.. Damn its been a min. My bad [emoji19]

bcrichster likes this.
  16. SpravenGaming

SpravenGaming Lurker

So when i open the .bat file and run it for a while and it reboots and does a few things after a while i get a message saying that it could not access the supersu.zip then it wont work it just boots up and goes back to normal android

17. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

sounds like a corrupted DL.. Re download and try again [emoji41]

18. SpravenGaming

SpravenGaming Lurker

I am still getting the error that ruins the root this is it it says it failed to copy supersu

--------------------
    Rebooting ADB Device
    --------------------
    Waiting for device to reconnect...

----------------------------------------
    Transfering Root/Exploit files to device
    ----------------------------------------
    101 KB/s (364 bytes in 0.003s)
    2596 KB/s (1169564 bytes in 0.439s)
    3641 KB/s (11505664 bytes in 3.085s)

------------------------------------
    Setting permissions on exploit files
    ------------------------------------
    Done

------------------------------
    Copying SuperSU file to device
    ------------------------------
    failed to copy 'C:\Users\user\Desktop\\tools\supersu.zip' to '/storage/sdcard0/supersu.zip': Permission denied

---------------------
    Working some magic...
    ---------------------
    9 KB/s (66 bytes in 0.006s)
    0 KB/s (3 bytes in 0.923s)

-----------------------
    Rebooting into Recovery
    -----------------------

19. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

#519 bcrichster, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  20. SpravenGaming

SpravenGaming Lurker

What is CWM? I have ADA-ASEC-Root.bat and tools folder that is it can you explain please?

21. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

if you don't even know what cwm is.. Then you should either leave the Android alone and/or buy an iPhone, sorry.

Airfluff and The-Truth like this.
  22. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

Do a lil more research bro. Soooooo no offense. I read my ass off and it pays off and of course there is nothing wrong with a few intelligent questions but Google, A.F. and XDA is the place to start you're research. Anything you can think to ask about root, recovery, ROMs etc. Is heavily documented all over the internet. Read up and know broski [emoji6]

bcrichster likes this.
  23. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

CWM stands for (Clock Work Mod) and CWM is a hardware manipulative custom recovery opposed to the newer TWRP touch screen Recovery's. You need recovery to flash ROMs and/or nandroid backups. Again TONS & TONS of worth while much needed reads on the subject here in Android Forums as well as all over the net just Google, read & apply once/if so inclined!

bcrichster likes this.
  24. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

25. cyanoGEN14

cyanoGEN14 Newbie

I do not like screenshots and the source font has is horrible. On the other hand I'm not sure install this ROM and damage my concord , a well detailed video would be very useful . By the way really you have the integrated Xposed ?

at least you could publish best screenshots? pd: factory reset the phone? Its posible lost the unlock?

Sorry for the traduction (Google traductor).

Greetings.

ZTE Concord 2 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews