• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root and CWM Recovery for ZTE Concord 2

the apps that would allow it, I moved. :)

When Google released Android 4.4, they specified that applications you download can no longer write to user-installed MicroSD cards. Apps can still write to internal flash storage. Some devices (like Google Nexus devices) only have internal storage, and are unaffected. Other devices (e.g. Samsung Galaxy and Note devices) have the ability to expand their storage space by installing a MicroSD card. When KitKat is installed on such devices, apps are limited to only being able to manipulate files on the built-in storage, with write-access to the MicroSD card being restricted.
This change represents a removal of functionality compared with Android 4.3. 4.3 allowed apps to write to the MicroSD card, as did prior versions.
The limitation introduced in KitKat does not affect the capabilities of preinstalled apps, only apps you choose to install. Apps preinstalled by Google, your device manufacturer, and your carrier still have this ability. Only apps that you choose to install are restricted.

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
When Google released Android 4.4, they specified that applications you download can no longer write to user-installed MicroSD cards. Apps can still write to internal flash storage. Some devices (like Google Nexus devices) only have internal storage, and are unaffected. Other devices (e.g. Samsung Galaxy and Note devices) have the ability to expand their storage space by installing a MicroSD card. When KitKat is installed on such devices, apps are limited to only being able to manipulate files on the built-in storage, with write-access to the MicroSD card being restricted.
This change represents a removal of functionality compared with Android 4.3. 4.3 allowed apps to write to the MicroSD card, as did prior versions.
The limitation introduced in KitKat does not affect the capabilities of preinstalled apps, only apps you choose to install. Apps preinstalled by Google, your device manufacturer, and your carrier still have this ability. Only apps that you choose to install are restricted.

lol, still confused. So, I guess you're looking for a way to install ALL apps to the external sdcard, then? I'm able to move apps I've installed myself from the play store, if that makes any difference. The minute I stuck the sdcard in, it switched places with the internal sd, so to speak. It's now "sdcard0" when that was the internal, originally.

Oh, and to answer my own (earlier posted) question, titanium backup works as far as backing up user apps. Haven't tried anything else with it, yet.

Upvote 0
Been successful with everything up to the ada driver. Im running Windows Vista and it cant find the driver, even when I give them the specified path in program files. Any suggestions? or can you upload the direct file for me?

much appreciated. this is my first android to root, any thoughts or suggestions to do right away besides backup?

thanks

Upvote 0
I just wanted to say thank you to HRoark13 and ShabbyPenguin and all others for your help..I'm not very technical.. but I got root and recovery up and running. I also had to reformat my external sd card in recovery as suggested which fixed a problem I was having. Being the Noob that I am I haven't been able to successfully mount the system as read write in abd shell... it's the last thing that I need to do to delete bloatware. I'm also someone who would love to see some custom Roms! Thanks again guys!!

Reactions: dubdiablo77
Upvote 0
Got passed the original driver problem and got adb to recognize my device, but can't figure out how to get it online. It just says device is offline whether it's in cwm or regular. I had to pinpoint the driver exactly, I couldn't just chose the general directory and let it find the right driver.. The first one I chose worked? Lol almost too good to be true? I'm thinking it wasn't the correct one still. If anyone can show me or upload the correct driver for a pc running Vista SP2. I need the one that pops up talking about "Ada" device.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Got passed the original driver problem and got adb to recognize my device, but can't figure out how to get it online. It just says device is offline whether it's in cwm or regular. I had to pinpoint the driver exactly, I couldn't just chose the general directory and let it find the right driver.. The first one I chose worked? Lol almost too good to be true? I'm thinking it wasn't the correct one still. If anyone can show me or upload the correct driver for a pc running Vista SP2. I need the one that pops up talking about "Ada" device.

Thanks
Are you using an updated version of adb... try minimal adb and fastboot. If it says the device is offline, its detecting it but not able to communicate.

Upvote 0
I made backup and replaced boot.img and made restoring. When I had been reboot my phone doesn't loaded. Then I run adb shell made some experiments and began to load any roms. Then I made format cache data and sdcard with my backup. After I wrote to support t-mobile and zte. They said that don't supporting rooted devices. Thank you, if you could help me. I bought phone week ago, and sit without cell phone

Upvote 0
Press volume up and power. Go to cwm. Ok. Then you could enter backup and restore section and to make backup to external sd. Then copy from external sd to PC and send me these files. If you want to be secure. You can to make backup then factory reset then reboot. After go to cwm and make backup and send me like clean stock rom. Compress this and send me. It will be ok. I will try to load your backup it safe for me cell phone. Else i'll throw out away and will buy iPhone.

Upvote 0
It absolutely would not be. There is only one boot.img for this phone and its the one installed on everyone's phone atm. There is not kernel source so no one is making a custom kernel and no one has made a repacked boot.img. He grabbed a kernel from some other phone and flashed it to his device

Upvote 0
Im sorry I know I am posting in the wrong forum but could someone please help. Hroark13, I tried to send this to you and it wouldn't go through.

Hello,

I don't know you but I had seen you post very much on the ZTE Warp for boost back in the day. I was wondering. I just recently got the Warp Sync N9515 for boost. I'm wondering if you may be able to help me to obtain root. Here are some preliminary things I know about the device so far.

A) It has from what I can tell a secure boot.img
B) I have tried every known auto-rooting software as well as adb push system /blah blah blah to try and get root and no. It says file system is read only and or write-protected.
C) This runs android 4.4.2 I can provide logs if you need. It has a FTM factory test mode and stock recovery are accessible as well. I could provide mount points and do adb things if need be......
D) The source for the kernel I believe is located here at this link: http://opensource.ztedevice.com/

This phone has some great specs and I was hoping you could maybe help us all out on here. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Sean
I'm long out of the android game man, and have talked to anyone on the forums for over a year, I'm surprised I even got a message. Between work and life, I do t have time to even begin to look at this stuff anymore. But good luck, I'm sure someone like Hroark13 or anyone else that's still around can find a solution.

Hroark13,

Please help this phone is my new favorite and just had to drop down from the sprint s4 l720t due to it being so expensive each month and losing my job. I hope that this post doesn't get deleted and I really apologize for posting this in the wrong section. I have hangouts as well and my email for it is righttouchpc@gmail.com

Upvote 0
Im sorry I know I am posting in the wrong forum but could someone please help. Hroark13, I tried to send this to you and it wouldn't go through.

Hello,

I don't know you but I had seen you post very much on the ZTE Warp for boost back in the day. I was wondering. I just recently got the Warp Sync N9515 for boost. I'm wondering if you may be able to help me to obtain root. Here are some preliminary things I know about the device so far.

A) It has from what I can tell a secure boot.img
B) I have tried every known auto-rooting software as well as adb push system /blah blah blah to try and get root and no. It says file system is read only and or write-protected.
C) This runs android 4.4.2 I can provide logs if you need. It has a FTM factory test mode and stock recovery are accessible as well. I could provide mount points and do adb things if need be......
D) The source for the kernel I believe is located here at this link: Open Source Notices - ZTE Devices - Bringing you closer

This phone has some great specs and I was hoping you could maybe help us all out on here. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Sean
I'm long out of the android game man, and have talked to anyone on the forums for over a year, I'm surprised I even got a message. Between work and life, I do t have time to even begin to look at this stuff anymore. But good luck, I'm sure someone like Hroark13 or anyone else that's still around can find a solution.

Hroark13,

Please help this phone is my new favorite and just had to drop down from the sprint s4 l720t due to it being so expensive each month and losing my job. I hope that this post doesn't get deleted and I really apologize for posting this in the wrong section. I have hangouts as well and my email for it is righttouchpc@gmail.com

did you try to see if you can boot into boot loader

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot devices

Upvote 0
People. I may have found a disturbance in the force. Just tell me this; if I uninstall something from ADB, would it give me the uninstall option in "App info" afterwards (google+ and hangouts). If not.... What have I done....

how did you uninstall it ?

I think if your remove it from /system/app

but there is an update for it in /data/app

it would probably still be there

When you do update with the Play Store, the new version does not go to /system/app it goes to the data partition

if you do some serious clean up with adb in /system/app

you are probably better off doing a factory reset afterwards

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones