• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root and keep Iron Man 2?

Mephiston

Lurker
May 24, 2011
Is there any way to root The Samsung Galaxy Indulge to delete the bloat ware but still keep Iron Man 2? I know Rooting is the Android Version of Jailbreaking but I'm 13 and don't what any of that stuff means. I'm getting the phone this Friday but I've seen it numerous times and the apps Metro puts on are gay and just drain life.

Reactions: confed
Upvote 0
I'm reasonably sure that the spyware is on the card and not the the app....this is from the link above...

"Specifically, SanDisk microSDHC mobile memory cards are embedded with security technology that allows for conditional access to digital content by regulating the network connection through the card, where the files are encrypted and stored."...which clearly says it is on the card, which has always been my understanding.
I threw mine away.
I remember reading that sandisk supplied specially programed cards. The app may be part of it, you can't delete it without root. But the special program is definately on the card. And can not be removed....period.

And I did a search and cannot find where it is widely discussed about keeping the movie. I never tried, but I'm guessing the movie is copy protected. I'm doubting that Metro and Samsung would have made it that easy to simply copy the movie file. Anyone try this?

I'm not trying to get in a pissing match over this, I hate that. I'm posting to help, not fight.I was simply trying to point out the fact to the OP that the movie isn't worth messing with because of the card.
So the answer to his original question is....Yes, you can root the Indulge and keep the Ironman2 movie."
But he clearly did not know about the card and its special program.

Upvote 0
How about downloading a ripped version of the movie in a non crippled format and then erase the card and movie player app

"Specifically, SanDisk microSDHC mobile memory cards are embedded with security technology that allows for conditional access to digital content by regulating the network connection through the card, where the files are encrypted and stored."...which clearly says it is on the card, which has always been my understanding.
I threw mine away.
I remember reading that sandisk supplied specially programed cards. The app may be part of it, you can't delete it without root. But the special program is definately on the card. And can not be removed....period.

Think of it like MagicGate on Sony memory sticks. The press release was oversimplifying the process.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones