1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root and Lagfix on Gingerbread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JohnnyZenith, May 20, 2011.

1. JohnnyZenith

JohnnyZenith Newbie

Can anybody tell me the best method for rooting and lagfixing a Galaxy S with 2.3.3 Gingerbread?

I am getting about 952 and want to increase this safely.

I just find it all too complicated to find out how to do all this.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. robogo

robogo Android Enthusiast

The easiest way (for me, at least) was to download and flash Supercurio's kernel through Odin. Applies lagfix, and to root the phone you only need to install SuperUser and BusyBox and reboot the phone :)

1560 on Quadrant, but what's even MORE important - noticeably faster in everyday work.

3. JohnnyZenith

JohnnyZenith Newbie

Thank you very much for your response. I have a few questions though.

If you perform all this does it remove the Touchwizz interface and all my data? I do not want this to happen. Also is that the best, fastest, and most stable lagfix available. Is there any complete step by step idiots guide to doing this? Is it reversible.

Thank you very much again.

4. robogo

robogo Android Enthusiast

That is probably the best part: NO! It doesn't remove anything, all your apps and settings remain just as they were ;) And yes, I believe it is the best lagfix available, I use it and have absolutely no problems with it.

The flashing is fairly simple.

1. Download the Odin app and install it. Download the kernel too :) everything is available on XDA, or PM me and I will send you all the necessary software. Plus, you must have the drivers for your SGS installed on your computer (if you have Kies on your computer and connect your SGS to it, you are good to go).
    2. Check if you can enable the Download mode on your SGS. Turn it off, wait until it turns off completely (it vibrates) then hold volume down, home and power keys together. You should see an android with a shovel and a DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET MESSAGE. If you can access this mode, you can flash the kernel.
    3. In Odin, click the PDA button and select the kernel .tar file. Do not check the repartition checkmark! Connect your phone to your computer, you should see and Added!! message in Odin.
    4. Start the flash and leave the phone be. DO NOT PANIC if it doesn't start up immediately, the filesystem conversion will take some time.
    5. You're done ;)

I seriously hope I didn't forget anything...

_wolf_ likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews