1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root and Recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alfick3, Apr 23, 2012.

1. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

I know this is still a new phone, and I don't expect that it's been rooted with a custom recovery, yet. However, I'd love to hear about if anyone has tried to root it yet, and had success flashing a custom recovery (preferably CWM, but GNM's recovery works well too). I've got the original OM and am highly considering purchasing this one as a replacement for one of my two OM's. Someone, in another thread, compared it to the looks of another phone, but I can't remember what phone now, nor where that thread can be found. Maybe it is similar enough to the original M, or even another phone out there, that root and custom recovery can be had fairly quickly? I'm hoping. :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. k0nane

k0nane Android Expert

If you want root or recovery, we need users to stop by our (Shabbypenguin and myself, along with LG guru PlayfulGod) IRC channel. See my sig or the thread in the main section.

pcflip and alfick3 like this.
  3. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

join the irc and we shall see :)

alfick3 likes this.
  4. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Well, once I get the phone I'll have to see what I can do about that. Thank you both for responding.

5. soursage

soursage Newbie

My optimus m+ was rooted today by bliss.
    This is what he had to say about it
    "feel free to share that the LG Spectrum root works just fine.
    might take a little modification...if somebody wants to add a "pause" after each reboot where the user
    waits until it comes back up, it should work perfectly."

Bitchin'

alfick3 likes this.
  6. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

7. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

That's cool. He's any one else tried it? What's this about adding pauses? I haven't read up on the LG Spectrum so aren't familiar with it.

8. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

if you are in that much of a hurry you can download teh spectrum one click root from his website vulnfactory.org and run the commands manually

Commander Keen likes this.
  9. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Lol. I'm actually not that much in a hurry since I still don't have the phone. I plan on getting it though. My wife and I are going to replace our original OM's when the money is available for two phones.

10. citric

citric Member

The Spectrum Root worked fine for me, just had to manually reboot it at the very last step, but I'm SU :)

And looking at the code for the root, there is a pause after each reboot.

Commander Keen likes this.
  11. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

Now that you are rooted you can delete something that could cause a system process to forceclose or cause the OS to auto reboot continually. Download Titanium Backup (there is a link in the All Things Root Guide) and use the Freeze option before you delete an app. If it causes a bad thing to happen, unfreeze it. If after rebooting your phone and opening up some system app's and nothing bad happens, then you can delete it.

Once a recovery is available you will be able to make a nandroid backup, until then be very, very, very, careful what you delete. Only delete after Using the freeze option in Titanium Backup.

12. citric

citric Member

noticed something weird after installing Titanium Backup

[​IMG]

Now I'm new to Androids and im not sure if the file system is just partitioned and named oddly, but that leads me to think there's an internal microSD card in addition to my 16gb microSD.

If it has a hidden internal microSD, maybe we could open up the phone and pop in a larger one :-D

13. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

So, off the subject of your thought in this post, what are you using to take screen shots? Is it built in, or an app?

14. citric

citric Member

it's a built in feature, if you press the home and power button at the same time

alfick3 likes this.
  15. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

So that's cool. I remember seeing folks talk about it on the Esteem side of the forums, but didn't think about it for the OM+.

16. The LG Optimus M+ is rooted using the same method to root the LG Spectrum. I've also confirmed this in my own LG Optimus M+. Version info is below.

Model: LG-MS695
    Android: 2.3.6
    Kernel 2.6.38.6-perf
    Build: GRK39F
    Software: MS695ZV4
    Hardware: M3_MPCS_REV_1_0

I'm not sure about all that talk about pauses though. Dunno wtf that is...nevertheless, the root option from the LG Spectrum tool worked.

17. citric

citric Member

I think I've uninstalled all the metro apps except the easy wifi thing. But if you go into the apps list and click manage apps most of the metro apps have a red X to uninstall them

18. DemizE

DemizE Well-Known Member

I am going to grab this phone today and root it and see what I can do as far as ROM wise. Any dev's looking at it yet?

19. DemizE

DemizE Well-Known Member

It has a big internal memory. Thats why :)

20. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

I know, I'm liking that fact :thumbup:. I really can't wait to get this phone. Let us know how your root process goes. There've been 2 or 3 people now say that they've been able to root it using the afore mentioned LG Spectrum method.

21. DemizE

DemizE Well-Known Member

Well I am assuming now that it's rooted it should not be too hard to dump the kernel and system to make ourselves a nice plate of fresh ROM'age. :)

22. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

'Course, we will need a custom recovery also, before we do any ROM'ing. :D

BTW, I'm using your Titan ROM and have it oc'd at 768. I'm loving it and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to do a great job here as well. :thumbup:

DemizE likes this.
  23. DemizE

DemizE Well-Known Member

The Titan ROM will arrive here on the M+ as well my friend :) BTW I have a nicer sleeker edition of the TitanROM I am testing on my phone currently and will be available shortly. Real soon...... :cool:

alfick3 likes this.
  24. DemizE

DemizE Well-Known Member

Im in the room. Seems noones around lol.

LG Optimus M Plus Forum

The LG Optimus M Plus release date was April 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2012
Release Date
Reviews