• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root apk for L38C

giantpune

Android Enthusiast
Jun 13, 2012
This is an apk for rooting the L38C, which I'm told is basically the same thing as the L3 E400 and L35C. I didn't see a specific section for the L38C, so I'm putting this here. It uses a bug in the backlight driver to gain root, which affect several models from LG. This apk specifically checks for the buildprop for "LG-L38C" and "LGL35G", but if an owner of a L3 E400 want to try it out, I dont mind adding that property to my whitelist.

How to use it? Install the apk from the bottom of this post. It should show up as "L38C_NoobTool" in the apps. Install ministro 2 from the play store. Start the "L38C_NoobTool" app, it will start ministro which will download a few mb of c++ libraries, and hopefully show you a button that says "Root Me". Click that button, and if everything works, it will write the su binary to /system/xbin/su. Then install the superuser app (supersu won't work with this su binary).

After its done, neither my app or ministro are needed for root to keep working.

If you want to use superSU instead of superuser, follow the directions as above, and then install the superSU app. Then open that app, and tell it to update the su binary. After that, superSU will work, and superuser will not.

L38C/L35G root app - http://www.sendspace.com/file/6dljxo
Ministro 2 app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/...xLDEsIm9yZy5rZGUubmVjZXNzaXRhcy5taW5pc3RybyJd

Ok so I tried to install the one click from androidarea51 and this is what I saw:
Rooting device......

Specified path not found
Specified path not found

Device found.....Good

Then it flashed thru a bunch of command lines and then I got the thanks screen. Nnothing happened on the phone side. Yes debugging and stay awake were checked. Yes I downloaded the drivers. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
I tried that quick boot and things went hinky. That app froze and eventually I had to reboot the phone and redownload all thirty apps. Still stock boot. So I will try the one click,cwm,kernel again. Will let you know how it turns out.
P.s. Finally just said the heck with it and payed some one to install it for me.
Done.

Upvote 0
how/can i root my LG L38C. it is on straight talk (pay as you go). i am currently running version2.3.6. i would prefer to root it without using my pc, if possible. i dont know if the kernel is needed, but its 2.6.38.6-perf+
just trying to snag free apps and get the newest version of droid on my crappy phone. thanks!

welcome to AF!!!!!!

not sure on root method for this phone. have you tried the method in the first post?

also just an fyi.....being rooted will not mean you will get free apps. i do not agree with obtaining free apps because:
1) this is considered piracy
2) i believe in supporting the devs who work hard to provide android phones with great and amazing apps. depriving them of money they truly deserve in just plain wrong.

Reactions: kingmt
Upvote 0
So please, I been trying so hard with no result. Downloading Dan Rosenberg guide to
root LG E400 nothing works when unzipping with RAR the RUN.BAT , showing always
this picture
DDer BEFEHL ADB ist entweder falsche geschrieben......was meint das Programm damit? Was mache ich falsch??? Muss ich die zip Datein nicht auf dem Windowsdesktop ausf

Upvote 0
welcome to AF!!!!!!

not sure on root method for this phone. have you tried the method in the first post?

also just an fyi.....being rooted will not mean you will get free apps. i do not agree with obtaining free apps because:
1) this is considered piracy
2) i believe in supporting the devs who work hard to provide android phones with great and amazing apps. depriving them of money they truly deserve in just plain wrong.

Uhhhh, I think he meant the FREE apps that devs release for FREE, not pirated apps. I'm sure you've noticed that there's TONS of 'em at the Google Play Store. Confucius say: "He who thinks before he speaks is much wiser than he who speaks before he thinks."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones