• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root App suggestions

tjreishus

Android Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2009
OK, here I go knowing that there are going to be people who strongly disagree with me. I want to start out with "don't be hatin'". I think thats the first time I have ever used that. Anyway, I have been playing around with the sholes root app that roots the phone for you, then applies a rom on your phone with no effort whatsoever. I personally think it's the greatest app EVER! It has allowed me to do things with my phone that I could have never... well, not never, but it certainly would have taken a lot of time to do. I know that there are people who are incredibly good with computers, hacking, rooting, etc and some seem to have a sense of entitlement to rooting a phone. "It shouldn't be easy, take the time to learn how to do it". I understand the philosophy, but you could use that argument about all apps. Learn to make an app yourself if you want one. I feel that that this root app is a breakthrough that should applauded and expanded upon. Imagine having an app that allows you to browse ROM's that are available from all developers. Download all the ROM's you want, then be able to select which one you want to flash. I purchased my droid the day it came out and I can't believe how much it has changed from the day I bought it. I think these ROMs are the future of these phones, and if they are more easily available for the general public, the more exposure they get. The more exposure, the more brilliant dev's come out of the woodwork to participate. Everyone wins and we can all be part of it. I know that there are drawbacks, but I think the progress that would be made would far exceed the downfalls.

Just a thought

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones