1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Root+Apps+New phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DroiKid, Feb 21, 2011.

1. DroiKid

DroiKid Newbie
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Great USA
    I am getting my vibrant today, and was wondering if I download/buy apps and I root my phone, would i be able to get those apps again? (for free if paid) and if I were to buy some apps, and then under buyers remorse got the new Galaxy S 4G phone, with the same phone number and account, would I be able to get those same apps back for free?
    If I buy apps, root, can I get apps back? and If i do, if I then unroot it can I get those apps again?
    Thanks for the help

Advertisement

2. zilla19

zilla19 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 30, 2011
    First, root/unroot does not affect anything as far as the downloaded apps concerned. Those apps will still be there and function normally after you root/unroot your phone; you don't lose them.

Second, you need a Gmail account to sign in to Market when you first use the phone. Any apps that you bought with this Gmail account will stay with that account. It means if you don't want to use the app and that you've already uninstalled it from your phone, later you can re-install it back without having to paid for it again.

Same thing applies when you have a new, different, and even different carrier such as Verizon, Android phone. It does not matter if you have the same phone number or not. All you need to do is sign in with the same Gmail account you've had and all of the apps that you've paid for will be free for you to download.

DroiKid likes this.