• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root apps Sub section

Where do you want the root stuff ?

• Total voters
The point is why search at all ,when all root apps will be in one place .

There is a All-Things-Root thread in each phone sub-forum but users (like me ) rarely tread into other phones' subforums to check out root applications or so .

The idea is to concatenate all the root apps and stuff in one place .That way it would benefit all users .

And Android Discussion/Applications is central so it would be perfect place to have the sub-forum .Not to mention reduction in Must-have root apps threads/duplicates . (But there will be increase in "How to root threads ":rolleyes:)

Reactions: johnlgalt
Upvote 0
Not entirely sure how I feel about it. Perhaps if some support were drummed up I'd feel better about it - but at the moment I'm not sure I want to try to require the staff to keep them split up like that.

It would be kind of nice after you have Joined Android Forums and learned how to root that fancy new smart phone to be able to have a page listing all available apps requiring root in one place. Even for veteran users it would be useful, and it would be a great link to include in answering all of those "Why should I root" questions.

Upvote 0
I actually thought you meant in the Applications section - I'd like to see it there, and I'm guessing that it would not be too hard t do - searching for all the different combinations of 'Needs root' 'requires root' 'root required' etc. gets old for us but if you had the server software pulling that query and assigning a tag to those apps so that they would show up in the root only apps section then it should (theoretically) update itself.

Of course, this is based upon the fact that you can easily search each and every app for content as well as assign a tag to it.

Phases, how about a single list maintained elsewhere (such as in staff / premium access) that would then be globally visible as a sticky in ever ATR subsection on the forums?

Upvote 0
Whichever way it is done would be good. I support any place to have them all together. A sticky does seem logical, but staff will need to maintain it if the OP is not about which can be an overhead.

Yeah I know staff will need to move or re-tag threads to fit too, but at least some might end up in the right place by their OP's posting it correctly :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones