• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root attemp

A

Android Question

I have a samsung galaxy s3 and the carrier is sprint. me and my cousin tried to root my phone and it said that it encountered a problem during the process. and now it shows that computer to phone screen saying it failed and to try again. but i dont really want to anymore it stays at that screen and wont let me call or text or anything. and we watched videos on doing odin and kite or something like that. but it wont go back to normal. and the bigger problem is that my cousin downloaded sommmeee software from verizon and now it says verizon and i have sprint though. and it wont let me continue now because it says that my sd card is not a verizon one. i really need help i just got this phone.

I have a samsung galaxy s3 and the carrier is sprint. me and my cousin tried to root my phone and it said that it encountered a problem during the process. and now it shows that computer to phone screen saying it failed and to try again. but i dont really want to anymore it stays at that screen and wont let me call or text or anything. and we watched videos on doing odin and kite or something like that. but it wont go back to normal. and the bigger problem is that my cousin downloaded sommmeee software from verizon and now it says verizon and i have sprint though. and it wont let me continue now because it says that my sd card is not a verizon one. i really need help i just got this phone.

I would suggest reviewing posts in the following group for your phone:

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Forums

You could also create a user account, it's free, so that you would be able to better interact with users to fix the issue.

It sounds like what ever steps you took to root also installed a different service providers information. I would look through the S3 forum to see if you can obtain a stock Sprint rom as it appears from your comments that your phone is now indicating Verizon set-up which will not connect to the Spring network.

Goog luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones