1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root: B4 or after installing ICS update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aajj99, Aug 9, 2012.

1. aajj99

aajj99 Newbie

Now running RazrMaxx 6.12.181, version 2.3.6.___Am now eligible for ota ICS update 6.16.211.
    Is it better, or worse, or inconsequential to root before or after installing the ICS update? (any specific reason?)

What is the preferred method to optimize functionality (battery, etc) on the Razr with ICS, step by step?

With rooting, cache clear, & factory reset, is there any way to save and/or restore the recent call history? (I've tried before on D1 but everything else can be restored, except the recent call history).___I'd really like to keep a record in place of all calls.

Regarding all other apps/programs:
    In "Privacy Settings", I have "Back up my data" checked, but I have "Automatic restore" unchecked.___When I restore my apps from the Play Store one by one, will the data be restored to these specific apps?___Is this approach feasible, or I am I trying to do the impossible?

Also, I have a saved copy (on my computer) of my previous Titanium Backup folder.___Can I use that (or files in it) if needed?

I know there's a lot of questions, but I really want to get it right the first time around. Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kadimi

kadimi Android Enthusiast

Root after the update, I believe you're unrooted by the update...

Each functionality has it's own methods of optimization:
    - Browsing the internet -> install a faster browser - Dolphin Browser: Dolphin Browser is
    - Wi-fi -> use Network Booster Free
    - Performance in general (Battery, cache, ...) -> use Cosmos AppLocker + JunkCleaner - Cosmos: 3-in-1 system and performance optimization for Android

Saving and restoring the call history can be done using apps too: My Backup Pro

Another good app for backup and restore:
    Clickfree Mobile Backup Clickfree Backup for backing up phone data to SD card or cloud storage

3. aajj99

aajj99 Newbie

thanx 4 the info.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews