• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Is there a knox counter? did it get tripped? Bootloader unlocked?

from what i've read, everybody's knox gets tripped, regardless. when updating the su binary, it asks if u want su to disable knox. I said yes but i don't think it did. i'll just freeze it with titanium. sprint's phone are unlocked. i think t mobile isnt. not sure tho. ive had sprint for 3 years now.

Upvote 0
hi! I am a former iPhone user and advocate and finally switched to Note 4... how do I root my SM N 910A? Please help

The term Root has different meanings in the iOS world versus Android. To root an iOS device merely gives the user the ability to install apps from places other than the Apple App Store. This feature is available on an Android device by simply unselecting Unknown Sources in the Security area of Settings.

Rooting an Android device gives the user Root level access to the OS which allows installing apps that require root as well as other things. This is analogous to administrator access versus limited user access on a PC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones