• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root cat s60

hi i'm also very interested.
I think we have to wait till cwm or twrp will release a recovery for s60. I tried already to flash some self created update.zip with no succes. in expert settings (5xtap on buildnr)there is an option to unlock bootloader but i've no idea how to work with . I will write to the producer maybe they will help. ;-)
Thanks anyway to the big familiar android community

Reactions: minkhs
Upvote 0
I just bought the S60. I don't hold out high hopes; none of the previous CAT phones have supported an unlocked bootloader, and have only achieved root via exploits long after release.

In fact, this combined with relying on the flimsy port flaps for waterproofing have got me thinking I've made a bad choice...I have rooted + put custom roms on ALL of my previous devices. I'm not sure I will be able to get by without root at the very least.

Upvote 0
The version of android installed on the S60 is so vanilla, I don't know that there's too much I'd even want root for. Not a lot of bloatware to deal with. Battery life is decent, for me anyways.

Perhaps the ability to completely lock down background wifi, bluetooth, etc hijacking... but that's about all I'd want.

Upvote 0
CWM is clockworkmod recovery and TWRP is team win recovery project.

They are sort of replacement recovery managers for your phone that allow you to flash custom roms, install zips to system areas etc. There have been ways and means of installing them on devices with a locked bootloader in the past, but it is my understanding that these methods relied on a specific vulnerability with the device.

I would absolutely love to see TWRP on the S60 but I lack the skills to even know where to start; I'm not sure we'll ever get them, nor any rom development.

Reactions: minkhs
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones