1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Root causes DATA problems! Market, Gmail, etc. won't work?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by budmonster, Nov 27, 2010.

1. budmonster

budmonster Guest

AGAIN, my DX doesn't work. I can't access the Market, Internet, Facebook, Maps, etc. It says I have "no connection" or "cant fetch data" and so on. This happened to me when I rooted using the "Z4Root" method. When that happened I used RSDLite and flashed the Stock 2.2. SBF file back to stock, so I could start fresh and root again. Roooler from DF helped me root again using the "RootMyX2" method. Everything went fine, I was able to root, overclock, remove apps, etc. I made a backup before I did anything. Tonight, all of a sudden Google Voice wouldn't work for me, every time I pressed the button it said "no audio" when I tried to talk. I figured what the hell, I would just restore my backup, haven't tried it yet to see if it works, the restore went fine. When I got my phone up and running the SAME PROBLEMS started again. I can't use the Internet, Gmail and Market says "no connection", etc. I made sure GPS and DATA are on in the Power Widget.

I really need to figure out why this keeps happening. This is the second root method I've tried and still get these problems. I need someone, anyone to HELP! LOL, this is getting ridiculous.

EDIT: I tried re-activated my phone, no luck. I did a FACTORY RESET and now everything seems to be working fine and I still have the SU app in my launcher, so I'm assuming root is still there. i still need to figure out what happened though, because I can't keep doing this over and over. If anyone can help me figure out what the hell happened, I'll donate to you LOL!

It started in this post:
    http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...t-causing-tons-problems-help.html#post1904112

Advertisement

2. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

unroot and wait for a few days and see if the problem persists while you are not rooted and go from there