1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

root complete but phone doesnt act so.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by OneGod, Dec 15, 2013.

1. OneGod

OneGod Guest

i have completed the rooting process of my SGH-I747M (carrier:virgin mobile) with the odin software. keep in mind we just got the 4.3 jelly bean update on this device. but i have take account of this and used the right pda file. now to the problem, the phone behaves half rooted. as in, i am able to install root rquired apps and run them initially but when comes the time to any kind of root access what so ever from within the app the app crashes or the loading freezes. i hve tried many of the top suggested apps to test your rooted device such as root checkers( from the device and my pc) still no sign that the phone was properly rooted. all i know is that at the end of the rooting process in Odin, the pass msg was visible, wich should mean the phine is roted and ready to go........i hope you can help me troubleshoot this impass. tyvm

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

If the 4.3 update you got was the first one you got, don't do a thing until you get the next one. It fixes (supposedly) the bugs that the first one caused. Your failure to root might be caused by one of those bugs. (New ones are still showing up.)

Once you get the second update, look for a rooting method for the 4.3 version of the S3. It's probably not going to be the same as the old method.