• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root cricket zte grand x max

You would have to flash back to stock unrooted KitKat with the stock recovery or else the official update will fail and possibly brick your phone.
Edit: Probably not possibly
Ok, of course. That makes total sense. Accessing this bootloader is still occupying a good portion of my mind. Can't let it go... Lol

Reactions: Masterchief87
Upvote 0
Really wishing I didn't jump the gun and update to the official lollipop update. I need root to add a line of text to the build.prop to see if miracast will work because apparently Google did away with it after 4.4.4 so yeah I'm screwed. Has anyone tried miracast on kitkat to see if its working?

Edit: I was able to get miracast to work in developer options. Then I used a shortcut to turn on miracast wireless display. Working great. I guess zte left the feature! Phew!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sadly, I updated my z987 to the official ota 5.1 and I'm wondering how I'm able to flash stock rom KitKat 4.4.4 v1.3.9 does anyone have an idea of how I can do this? While my phone isn't rooted..
The only way would be to discover a new root exploit for 5.1 then study the bootloader to see if they locked it. Currently there isn't any way to root it after the 5.1 update

Upvote 0
Did you turn on the enable OEM unlock option in settings? I think it is in developer options
I tried it again to refresh my memory and made sure OEM unlock was checked and I rebooted into stock recovery and selected reboot into bootloader and it started up normally besides the fact that the Lollipop splash screen was displayed for a little longer than usual

Reactions: Masterchief87
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones