• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root cricket zte grand x max

Figured it out phone is now deodexed I'm a happy camper.

Edited: bad news although I'm deodexed rom toolbox pro icon tweaks don't work cause they are all installed in a different location then normal phones. I found the battery icon location so I gonna create my own battery icon

does anyone know where i can find the other icons only one i could find is at res/images/charger

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-17-00-43-59.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-17-00-43-59.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Upvote 0
i messed up and bricked my phone. I did a factory reset after useing the dd script. forgot to reinstall twrp now phone is in a constant bootloop. I was going to make a nandroid backup of a fresh instal for people who have lost there OS but now that is not a option. becarefull with your phone. one minor hickup and your phone is a brick. and worst thing is that this phone has very little support from developers.

Upvote 0
i messed up and bricked my phone. I did a factory reset after useing the dd script. forgot to reinstall twrp now phone is in a constant bootloop. I was going to make a nandroid backup of a fresh instal for people who have lost there OS but now that is not a option. becarefull with your phone. one minor hickup and your phone is a brick. and worst thing is that this phone has very little support from developers.
Push volume up, and power at the same time, keep holding it and let it keep resetting up to 5 times, don't take your fingers off of it, see if it comes back

Upvote 0
nope did not work tried for 10 seconds been bootlooping all day. its eather that go into ftm mode or turn the screen off by holding power colume up and down at the same time. Im hopeing that the battery drains the phone gets power and then would boot up ready to tear appart to sell as parts on ebay since screen not scratch

Upvote 0
how long has your phone been on this bootloop my phone been on for at least 16 hours
Well, mine happened a week ago, I had to go buy the desire 510 for a temp phone, but my Grand X Max+ was at 97% when it got stuck. Took 4 days for it to just die. I had it on FTM mode the whole time. Nothings worked on FTM for me, but this is my first ZTE device. I've dabbled in other devices and feel so noobish with this one.

Upvote 0
it was not the half rooted state that cause me my issue. first time i did a factory reset in the settings it worked. I went to reset the phone a second time cause I did not want to give anyone a my custom bootscreen so i had to change it before i made my stock backup to share. I used the dd script and did not reinstall twrp afterwords. that is what I broke my phone. If I get this phone back up and running I will test and trial to see whats safe and whats not. what to do and what you cant do,

Upvote 0
it was not the half rooted state that cause me my issue. first time i did a factory reset in the settings it worked. I went to reset the phone a second time cause I did not want to give anyone a my custom bootscreen so i had to change it before i made my stock backup to share. I used the dd script and did not reinstall twrp afterwords. that is what I broke my phone. If I get this phone back up and running I will test and trial to see whats safe and whats not. what to do and what you cant do,

Upvote 0
That's basically what I did. And I'm using it at this moment. So if you have some decent ADB knowlage and some patients I think we can use these things as more than keeping our belts emploted. Lol.
yeah, i know adb pretty well, at least good enough to flash img and what not, but i can't get my computer to pick up device in ADB mode. It sees it in DFU mode, but ADB won't pick it up at all

Upvote 0
I got ADB working now, finally, but i don't have the twrp img. or boot img. I'm at a stopping point, again :(.
he texting me a little bit I am not sure what needs to be done. my adb skills are not great I see i copy i paste. I messed up and hopeing i can get this fixed hopefully he can help me. or I can give him access to my computer remotly and see if he can walk me through

Upvote 0
he texting me a little bit I am not sure what needs to be done. my adb skills are not great I see i copy i paste. I messed up and hopeing i can get this fixed hopefully he can help me. or I can give him access to my computer remotly and see if he can walk me through

Any updates on this? I have the exact problem, hoping to be able to get the phone fixed. I do have a twrp backup, but I can not get into recovery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
In all honesty... I don't mind this phone the way it is. We have full root when we want it as long as we remember to install twrp after every hard boot. We can do I think everything a totally rooted phone can do, even flash new Roms when they come out. So I really wouldn't worry all that much even though the community help does suck for the most part.

Upvote 0
My phones dead I lost root when so I can not undo the brick. Make sure you install busybox and never do a factory reset without twrp installed. bid on ebay for a z987 that works just has a broken back cover won the auction for 30 dollars. so I am gonna take my phone apart take the motherboard out and swap it with mine.

bad thing is I purchased the zte lever for straight talk almost same phone just different carriers. I dont know who is better in my area att or verizon I gonna give it a test run and sell the phone I dont want anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Any updates on this? I have the exact problem, hoping to be able to get the phone fixed. I do have a twrp backup, but I can not get into recovery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
first thing i would do is plug your phone in your computer adb devices to see if you can see your phone should pop up with a ? mark stating it can see your phone. now type in adb shell and this is where if you can get your phone back or you gonna have a very hard time recovering your phone. if you see a shell@cygni:/ $ you lost root access to your phone and i dont know if anyone has brought it back. if you see shell@cygni:/ # you have root access and should be able to unbrick it.

I am not sure if the info below will get your phone back but its what I found what people did to get there phone back on the zte max.
ok there is a couple things you can do. hopefully you have root access in ftm if you dont you might not get it back could but its gonna be hard. here is something you can try you need to get twrp img file and put it in the folder in command prompt you need to cd the folder where the file is located. type this command in.

adb push twrp.img /data/local/tmp/twrp.img

Then

dd if=/data/local/tmp of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/recovery

or dd if=cache/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/recovery
or dd if=system/myfolderfortwrp/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/recovery

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones