• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROOT][CWM][R910/R915][GPL] Indulge All in One Root and ClockworkMod for Win/Intel Mac/Linux

thank you, i think it worked. there is a new application called superuser. is that correct? it allowed me to install a universal tether an asked for superuser permission. does that indicate a root enabled status? there is no specific root allows button other than that.

the issue i have is the universal tether does allow wireless internet access thru my phone. however it is very very very slow download speed and this is a new 4g phone is there another wireless tether app u reccommend or another way to speed up this download process thru this or another tether app?

Upvote 0
download wireless tether for root users (pre-12 or -13), or Open Garden wifi tethering.
Open Garden is more stable but will only enable ad-hoc connections.
Wireless tether for root users will allow a "real" AP connection, but uses more battery, and tends to make the phone hotter, thereby forcing it into thermal shutdown after a while if not monitored and ventilated correctly.

And yes, if you see the pirate icon with the superuser app, and a box that allows you to grant root access to apps, then you are rooted ;)

Upvote 0
download wireless tether for root users (pre-12 or -13), or Open Garden wifi tethering.
Open Garden is more stable but will only enable ad-hoc connections.
Wireless tether for root users will allow a "real" AP connection, but uses more battery, and tends to make the phone hotter, thereby forcing it into thermal shutdown after a while if not monitored and ventilated correctly.

And yes, if you see the pirate icon with the superuser app, and a box that allows you to grant root access to apps, then you are rooted ;)

I use this

android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

(2.0.7, not the beta)

It has the advantage of allowing you to control how strong a signal you generate (I use the smallest value when I'm right next to my laptop). Runs very very cool and just works with little in the way of fuss....

Upvote 0
Ok everything seems to be working great except two things:
1) battery life severely reduced
2) my phone never rings only vibrates. It will not leave silent mode even after selecting various ringtones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Indulge r910
rooted with purple which is listed on first post.

Any help on this one? I ended up having to unroot the phone and odin back to original ROM. My phone will not ring, just vibrate even after selecting rigntones. I even tried installing Zedge to use additional ringtones since the only option under android was Silence. Still even with music such as coco jambo downloaded, it still just vibrates. (yes i checked the system sound page and made sure they were all selected as on.)

Upvote 0
Any help on this one? I ended up having to unroot the phone and odin back to original ROM. My phone will not ring, just vibrate even after selecting rigntones. I even tried installing Zedge to use additional ringtones since the only option under android was Silence. Still even with music such as coco jambo downloaded, it still just vibrates. (yes i checked the system sound page and made sure they were all selected as on.)

have you deleted the .nomedia file? use ES File Explorer and select - show hidden files. then delete .nomedia and you should be good after that.

Upvote 0
very easy to root. didn't disable AV the first time, downloaded file again with disabled AV and worked perfectly. :) definitely deserves a donation. just to throw it out there. one of the main reason for root for me is to wife tether. as it tethers as AD-HOC only. has any one written a program to create a traditional hot spot like the ones that come installed on some phones?? as not all wireless devices are capable in connection to ad-hoc connections.

Upvote 0
It's okay... if they want to cause their phone to be abandoned...

It's their problem! :cool:

I have 2.2.1 on my phone currently. I saw 2.2.2 on a friends phone while I was flashing it with the Electric Sheep kernel and the Basix rom as far as 2.3.5 all I have heard is Samsung gave it to Metro and Metro basically deleted it. I have been searching for it with a very fine tooth comb on Google though.

I plan on sharing the upgrade if i actually find it.

-EDIT 1 11:37 pm EST-

Oh also I am completely willing to volunteer as a guinea-pig and am willing to brick my phone for the sake of further development. (This is my second indulge and I still have the motherboard other broken pieces from a failed digitizer replacement for my first one)

-EDIT 2 1:38 am EST-

I modified the drop down list on the samsung live chat site to include my phone and ask about the update to which "amanda" responded with a link to the FAQ that essentially said nope sorry forget about it.

I called metro tech-support (3x) the second time I talked to them the system was down but they told me it could be downloaded in the metro app store... after reinstalling the metro app store and searching for it I opened a ticket to inform handmark that Metro said it was there and asked them where it was... lol

I called metro tech-support back and this time there systems where up. The tech rep informed me that it would be in the menu under "Samsung applications" or maybe "Samsung apps". I told her that I do not have that option in my menu BUT in settings I have an applications option. She said that wasn't it... Curiously does any one else have a Samsung App icon in the app menu on their indulge? She said we are going to upgrade your plan to give you better service to which I said and 3 days ago I had the 60 dollar unlimited 4g plan from back in February of last year and that wasn't an option in my phone then. She tried to push the upgrade again and I said yes BUT that's not going to change the icon's in my menu now is it? she said yes but I think she meant your right because; she dropped it and, told me to call back tomorrow when the other "tech support" is open.

Upvote 0
I did everything you said. The zip file won't run right. It keeps saying some .bin file is missing. Please help. I'd really appriciated it. if it's possible please put an instrutional video on youtube. thanks alot man
As noted several times in the thread, disable your AV first. Most AVs pick up the exploit used, despite the fact that it's for Android and literally nothing else.

Upvote 0
I did everything you said to do and it's not working. I turned off my AV, reinstalled drivers, rebooted the pc and droid multiple times and I keep getting this message;

**'c:\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
The system cannot find the path specified.
Connection to phone not found.**

What am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0
I did everything you said to do and it's not working. I turned off my AV, reinstalled drivers, rebooted the pc and droid multiple times and I keep getting this message;

**'c:\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
The system cannot find the path specified.
Connection to phone not found.**

What am I doing wrong?

Not sure...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones