• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root? Developer Options

I restart so often because the software becomes buggy. Some apps become slightly sluggish and I hate when I press the back arrow sometimes when leaving one app it'll go to another I just closed before it goes back to the home screen, plus I keep getting this message [image removed] but that won't go away no matter what I do. I can't wait till we get root to debloat and debug it.

You don't need to reboot when it gets sluggish...just do a memory dump. I'm using Solo Launcher, which has a nice little memory cleanup widget built in, or download an app.
As for the parse package error...seems like it's trying to install a corrupted package. o_O
Maybe boot into recovery and clear the cache.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
You don't need to reboot when it gets sluggish...just do a memory dump. I'm using Solo Launcher, which has a nice little memory cleanup widget built in, or download an app.
As for the parse package error...seems like it's trying to install a corrupted package. o_O
Maybe boot into recovery and clear the cache.

I cleared the cache partition and I still get the damn message all the time

Upvote 0
Maybe I did, but I'm pretty sure anything I disabled was bloatware which is why I can't wait to be rooted. BTW I ended up getting go launcher ex prime because it's free till June 1st. Whoever else wants it just download it and enter "appsales" as the activation code under personalize and about.

I used to use GoLauncher, but it's a big memory hog, IMO. Take a look at Solo Launcher...it's free, and ad free. Very clean, smooth experience. Built in flashlight, memory cleaner, weather widget (extra features added if you download their weather app)

Btw-I was thinking about it, since we can access files of a microsd in recovery mode, I've got a signed supersu zip. Assuming it's signed correctly for this phone and installs, that's all that is needed for root right? The kernel doesn't need modded?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-30-11-38-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-30-11-38-25.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 0
Do you guys have the ability to use fastboot commands?

I personally do not know what that means exactly. We can use adb to reboot into recovery...then it becomes unrecognized when you try to sideload.

As for my attempt to load a signed superuser zip from external sd, it still failed signature verification. Thought I might try in Linux since it doesn't require drivers.

Upvote 0
I personally do not know what that means exactly. We can use adb to reboot into recovery...then it becomes unrecognized when you try to sideload.

As for my attempt to load a signed superuser zip from external sd, it still failed signature verification. Thought I might try in Linux since it doesn't require drivers.

Fastboot is a state you put your phone in normally by adb reboot fastboot then in fastboot mode. You use fastboot commands like Fastboot oem unlock which tends to unlock bootloader, fastboot also allows you to flash partitions like recovery system etc...after bootloader is no longer locked

Upvote 0
Hmm...good info, I don't think anyone has tried, at least not in this thread. I get the impression that we're all novices trying to do what we can and hope we get lucky.

BTW... I had no luck in Linux, although I was running a virtual machine, so when it switched modes and the PC side lost it, so did the VM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones