• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Exploit Has Been Found. DO NOT UPDATE FURTHER

Will you hold off on the OTA until we get more info on the possible exploit?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll ota so I can sell it. Why does everyone want live wallpaper? I don't get it, had those on my glimmer other than making ******ed people go wow I do not see the big deal? And posting this while its still just an idea is kind of just attention whoring I think, unless of course its the op working on the exploit.

Upvote 0
That would be interesting to find out, I like the poll idea.

Personally, I'm definitely going to hold off on the OTA. I don't have any major problems with 2.1v3 and I'm certain the OTA would be just as pleasing. However, the potential to gain root access outweighs the fact that I'm content with no bugs. Content, but still feel like there's more I could do.
maybe if it is unclear , state the advantages of gaining "root" and what that means to eris users.

Upvote 0
Geez I hope this works though. Been praying for so long I could root this thing. I just look at XDA every day and lust over those many ROMS that are so amazing. Just hope that by the time I finally get it rooted (if this works), that there will be a COMPLETE vanilla rom.

they have come pretty close, there was a rom released not long ago that has basically no sense at all.
for all intents and purposes it IS vanilla

Upvote 0
I would like to root.

Questions:

If you update OTA couldn't you always reload 2.1v3 anytime you want? That would allow you to update to OTA, try it out, and then if you want to go root, just load up v3. Or does it not work that way? Does the official OTA recognize 2.1v3 as a lesser OS and thus doesn't allow 2.1v3 to install?

Upvote 0
they have come pretty close, there was a rom released not long ago that has basically no sense at all.
for all intents and purposes it IS vanilla

Yeah, but is the dialer actually vanilla? Like literally, when you're in a phone call, does it still look like the way it always has, or like the Nexus One or Droid does? Like with the gradient green and black screen?

Like this:
Google-Nexus-One-Google-Voice-calling-screen.png

Reactions: TDianna
Upvote 0
So a new exploit has been discovered and devs are working on it.

What this means to you.

1. This WILL help for those who leaked to get root.
2. DO NOT UPDATE! This includes to the OTA when it is released.
3. Be patient, this was only discovered today and is only a possible exploit.

Possible root exploit zifnab06.net

So, for us who have already updated to 2.1 are we SOL?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones