• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Explorer Help

WormDoes

Android Expert
Aug 8, 2010
Massachusetts
Hi Everyone,

I made a new folder to move bloatware/unused apps to while in root explorer and now can't find the folder. When I was in system>apps I created a system/app.disabled folder and it was created successfully but I don't know how to find it. I've checked almost everywhere and the folder is nowhere to be found. Can someone who's done this before and/or is familiar with root explorer help a brotha out?? Thanks in advance

It's not there. I can do a search and an empty (blank) screen appears but I can't find the actual home for the folder. This is really annoying! I did this through RE b/c I'm not comfortable running commands like on this gentleman's page Remove bloatware from HTC Droid Incredible 2.2 - Technology - Jonamerica.com

I've searched in system, in apps, opened almost EVERY folder and can't find it. I'm about to just say eff it and attempt the commands if I can't locate this folder soon

Upvote 0
So did you just do this recently or is this something you did some time ago? Anyway, I think you'd need to be in R/W (read/write) mode in order to make a new system folder. Sounds like you put it inside the apps folder which probably isn't a big deal but I'd lean toward putting it as a system subfolder instead of inside the apps folder.

Upvote 0
I just did this minutes before I posted this thread. I checked the apps folder and it's not there. I was thinking that I should try in R/W mode. That's the only thing I can think of why it's not appearing. I'm going to try creating a new folder when in system and see what happens

Edit. Yup, that was the problem. apps.disabled is now located right below my apps folder! Now when I disable apps I move them to the new disabled folder and I assume reboot for it to take effect? If I want to enable the disabled apps do I just move them back to the regular apps folder and reboot? Thanks for your help, again. It seems like every time I have a question you're always helping me out, much appreciated!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones