• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Failed...NM....OMG!! I rooted!!! FIRST TIME! :) :)

Steven58

Former Heavyweight Champion of AF-Early Bird Club
Feb 19, 2010
USA
The 1-step root is supposed to be easy right? For some reason, it says failed every time. This is my first ever root and I was kind of excited to do it. Oh well.

I had my USB setting is set to USB Mass storage.

I had debugging ON.

I hit the bluetooth toggle directly after I hit the continue button.

I don't get it.

Thanks for the advice. So far, I have only installed apps that require root. I will check out what NOT to delete.

And yes, I didn't root my Dinc, for two reasons:

1) I gave it back for the X
2) I am not a trained geek. I'm an older man getting into this later in life and enjoying the heck out of the whole android thing. So, yeah, this was the first time for me and I'm happy about it! :)

Upvote 0
I'm an older man getting into this later in life and enjoying the heck out of the whole android thing. So, yeah, this was the first time for me and I'm happy about it! :)

Steven, congrats on rooting for the first time! I'm glad you're being cautious and not deleting anything yet.

I'm probably going to follow in your footsteps and root, add some stuff, but not delete (I don't see much reason in nuking any files anyway).

I think I'll wait until Froyo starts rolling-out and see what happens to the folks that are already rooted to make sure there's no conflict.

Hey, 900 years is not that old (WikiAnswers - How old is yoda from Star Wars) :eek::D:)

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones