• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root for asus ME176CX-A1-BK

Hi. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm trying to unlock the bootloader and start to play with recovery and make a cm11 rom for it. So far, I've take a look at the other devices from asus (like transformer even the new zenfone 6) and on their website, Asus give an .APK file to install and it unlock the bootloader. I can't give you the link because I'm new but I just saw one. I was wondering if we install the apk from the zenphone its gonna work or not.. they are both on Kitkat. What you think? It would be funny to just fastboot oem unlock lol

Sorry for my mistakes, english isn't my first language :p

Upvote 0
Model ME176CX-A1 7 inch, 16 gig. Just picked one up on Amazon for $135. My first experience with Android on Intel. Beautiful graphics, usual Asus build quality. Has an OTA update wanting to install, but don't want to risk doing something that will make it harder to root down the road. I just want to get rid of the bloatware. I'll keep searching, and report back if I find anything elsewhere.

Upvote 0
Model ME176CX-A1 7 inch, 16 gig. Just picked one up on Amazon for $135. My first experience with Android on Intel. Beautiful graphics, usual Asus build quality. Has an OTA update wanting to install, but don't want to risk doing something that will make it harder to root down the road. I just want to get rid of the bloatware. I'll keep searching, and report back if I find anything elsewhere.

You can root with RootZenFone 1.4.2r and remove all the bloat ;)

Upvote 0
hello. i recently made a mistake i have the asus memo pad 7 me176cx and i was searching about root this device and i found the rootzenfone 1.4.2 and basically i install it yesterday the result was the device is not rooted and i get a game istalled along with advertisement about the same device the me176cx and for some reason the factory reset was deleted or hidden i don't know :/ . i installed a app from the google store to make a factory reset but the problem didnt disappear. any one have a solution for this ? thanks for the time

Upvote 0
Has anyone tried this "hamdicatal" rooting for Asus ME176CX? Please advise. Thanks. Brought said tab to a technician but failed to root the tab.

Worked for me, here's the proof. Give it a try, wait the 5 seconds, reboot and that's it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-05-06-12-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-05-06-12-53.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 388
Upvote 0
http://www.hamdicatal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/RootZenFone-1.4.6.4r.rar

This one works, just click the root button, wait the 5 seconds and reboot, and there, rooted device c: hope it helps

So, I load the apk from my pc to the asus tablet (176), open the file on the tablet, wait 5 seconds, reboot, and that's it? And if I want to get back to stock, how do I do that? And, will this apk give me Lollipop, and will it receive regular ota updates after that? Thanks

Upvote 0
So, I load the apk from my pc to the asus tablet (176), open the file on the tablet, wait 5 seconds, reboot, and that's it? And if I want to get back to stock, how do I do that? And, will this apk give me Lollipop, and will it receive regular ota updates after that? Thanks

You install the app, follow the instructions precisely, you'll achieve root access and that's it. No you won't get any more OTA but from the looks of it, there doesn't seem to be any plans to update this device beyond kit kat. This is only a root tool, it won't install roms or anything from that nature apart from SuperSU. You'll always stay on stock, but if you decide to unroot your device, the app has the feature included. Hope it helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones