1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root for Concord II - failed with Impactor, VROOT, Towelroot, baidu, framaroot or SRSroot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JesseKnows, May 29, 2014.

1. leteste007

leteste007 Lurker

Hello

I have also an issue for root my ZTE device (Not the same ZTE Blade Vec 4G)

I have try most root tools like Towelroot kingroot vroot etc...

The phone won't boot in fastboot mode.

Have you try a adb reboot bootloader on your phone ? Fastboot mode work ?

What is your kernel version ?

On my device it's : Linux version 3.4.0 (gelisha@SCL-7SH154) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT
    Wed May 21 15:06:49 CST 2014

2. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

no luck yet on a root? I tried a few and came up with nothing. I bought this phone as something to play with so I'm willing to try anything. if someone has any ideas

3. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

still looking to sell it?

4. Levi0187

Levi0187 Member

I'm starting to get goosebumps. Does this mean it's being looked into? LOL A root I meant.

5. Shabbypenguin

i make no promises on anything, just much easier if device is in hand.

6. Levi0187

Levi0187 Member

:) :):):):):):)

I'm not sure if this is viable, but apparently it's supposed to work. The post is for tablets, but I was told it works for anything. Looks like it's ROM specific and not caring what model the device is. Might be worth a look into.

[HOW TO] Install ClockworkMod Recovery and Root | Android Tablet Forum

7. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

8. Levi0187

Levi0187 Member

I kinda figured it wouldn't after I read into it more. It says bootloader must be unlocked first. :/

9. Levi0187

Levi0187 Member

I'm not sure if this is important or not since I'm no developer and it could already be a well known feature that's hidden, but I have unlocked developer mode on this phone. Happened by dumb curiosity. If you go to settings, about phone and then click on software version 3 times, it'll say "You are now 4 steps away from being a developer". Continue clicking until it says "You are now a developer" and it unlocks Developer Options in settings. It appears at bottom after you exit and re-enter settings. Is this a new discovery? Or am I just a Tool? LOL

10. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

its been like that for the last few builds of android.;)

11. Levi0187

Levi0187 Member

Yeah, I kinda feel like a tool now. LOL This is my first phone past ICS.

12. Shabbypenguin

nvm, no longer needed

13. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

so.. what's that mean?

14. twig123

twig123 Lurker

Not sure if good news, or bad news...

I'll stay tuned either way.

15. Shabbypenguin

they came back in stock is all that means :p

placed my order this morning.

16. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

cool :D can't beat it for 20 bucks. I got oen just to play around with. Haven't activated it yet. I'm trying to get my mom to move away from the old flip phones. THought maybe i can get her to move over to this one eventually.

17. This is good! Hopefully you'll be able to help us all out by coming up with a way to root this sucker :p Made this account JUST to follow the responses on this haha

18. trapaholic408

trapaholic408 Newbie

Ive lost hope ;/

19. Krystal

Krystal Lurker

I sure wish we could root this phone! I can't afford another one and i can't stand having unrooted device! Somebody, please help us! I am going CRAZY!!!

20. Levi0187

Levi0187 Member

Patience. They're moving forward. Devs are finally getting devices in hand. I know how you feel though. I've been tempted to post an online trade for an LG Motion even though I hate the small screen and it has over 100MB less of physical RAM. With root, this could be a decent phone.

21. sardoggy

sardoggy Lurker

Bump again. Highly anticipating a root to this phone. Good luck to all who are working on it. Our best wishes are with you.

22. srsroot just added z730 to the supported rooted devices on sep 10th.

I do not yet have a concord ii, but maybe someone can verify that this works now.

23. XMrPotatoX

XMrPotatoX Lurker

It doesn't work. Just tried it.

24. Shabbypenguin

So good news and bad news.

bad news? No idea on when could come. This is a low key device so there isnt really a big need to "burn" an exploit on it, not when rooting is getting harder and harder. by making it public it would indeed allow oems to patch it and then limit how many devices it could root.

Now i know what you are thinking, "But shabby, you said there was good news... so wtf?"

Well i guess it depends on what you consider good news? I'm selling my ZTE Concord 2. Now i know they go for brand new on metropcs.com for only 20, but this is a mint condition concord 2. Like i didnt even bother to remove the plastic film on it. i took some photos of it as i thought perhaps someone here would be interested in purchasing it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ill post it in the market section when i get a chance but my isp is being wonky tonight, internet has cut out 3 times while i was writing this post. Anyone have any ideas of how much i should post it for? :)

25. Flowah

Flowah Lurker

Does that mean you found an exploit but just don't want to make it public?

ZTE Concord 2 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews