1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root for Fierce 2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skinlab, Oct 14, 2014.

1. skinlab

skinlab Well-Known Member

Don't know if any other bad luck person bought this thing.. It's got good potential if rooted.

Advertisement

2. Best Answer:
    Post #1146 by Mohndo, Jun 4, 2015 (2 points)
  3. Zeroastros

Zeroastros Well-Known Member

Haha I bought this phone I really don't have complaints ( I got it for 50$ So I can't complain either hehe )I tried a lot of root methods nothing seems to work! I'm really looking for forums right now and nothing... This phone needs root or a future update >=(

4. skinlab

I agree. It's not really that bad of a phone. It has potential to be a bad ass phone if rooted.

5. Zeroastros

True! I'm willing to use this phone to see if I can root it even if I brick it lol I'll see if I can do anything else later once I get home to the PC, Now if I may ask you how is this phone for you? I really enjoy it but there are some bugs which are annoying...

6. skinlab

Definitely a little buggy. Clicking on links is one.

7. vacaloca

vacaloca Newbie

I also got one of these Fierce 2 phones for $50 at Target today. Was able to install ADB drivers with the generic signed Samsung Android ADB interface. Most likely root will have to wait until a future exploit...

8. Zeroastros

Can you explain more? And I'll try ADB method once I get home, BTW Is the boot loader locked? I think the Notification drawer is buggy and the status bar forcecloses every now and then...

9. skinlab

When I click on a link, I've got to click it a couple of times before the link is clickable. Biggest thing I don't like about this phone is where the power button is at.

10. Zeroastros

I don't seem to have that problem, Hmm and I happen to like the button placement as its easier for me to reach with my hand( I use my phones with one hand the majority of the time )
    Also tried root and its a no go... Maybe if we get a update it might work(?) All I want is a update for these annoying bugs ATM

11. Ahansome

Ahansome Lurker

I got mine from Metro PCS about 10 hours ago. The battery needs an upgrade. Haven't noticed any bugs, just that the touchscreen seems a little insensitive. It's supposedly a quad core so it should run as many apps as you need without giving you errors or slowing much. For $50 the screen size is mucho bueno, and I've got skrillex playing through the stock speaker as I'm writing this and it's pretty loud. Like everyone here, I too am ready to root. I need to spoof a PC with it right now to send money from money gram. they won't let you send the first time with a mobile? Wtf?

12. skinlab

I've been playing around with the modstrings in towelroot but, every modstring I try, towelroot freezes.

And yes, the bootloader is locked.

13. Zeroastros

^ Touchscreen seems the same to me, which when I want to 'tap'on the keyboard really fast it's inaccurate...
    Also speaker is really good , got Slipknot blasting on about 4 notches, For the battery got anyapps to save you battery? I use battery doctor and use it for profiles and so far battery lasts me all day with mild use.
    As for root I'm trying to ADB method again, it just takes a bit long and I haven't got the time.

Also don't try Framaroot Towelroot and Z4Root they don't work sadly... ( And vroot, but I'm sure you won't since it appears to be some app to collect your data ) Also boot loader being locked will make root even more harder to do or even impossible...

14. Zeroastros

Same here... I tried all of this the first day I got my phone sadly I'm guessing there will be no root :(

15. skinlab

Unfortunately, unpopular phones get no love.

You would think that all of the phone carrier's wouldn't give a damn if you wanted to root and unlock the bootloader. It benefits them. It voids the warranty. You screw your phone up, you buy another.

16. skinlab

Seems like they have this phone locked down pretty tight. I can't get easytether to work.

17. Zeroastros

All hope is lost :/ tethering is impossible too Well that's the end for this phone sigh

18. skinlab

Lol. I wouldn't go that far boss. Ya never know,, a new exploit could surface tomorrow. Highly unlikely but hey, who knows?

19. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

Its a shame . Alcatel phones could get a lions share of the market here in the U.S. if they just stayed away from t getro, and using mediatek. Neither company has any insights of what american consumers really want. They both just keep fleecing the masses. Our dollars are worth more than our satisfaction to them. So just don't buy into them and buy wisely .

20. Zeroastros

This ^
    Yeah it's true the only reason I bought this phone was for the 100$ plan that my family wanted so bad... I was going for a moto G hehe
    Anyways I'm going to really look into this phone and see what I can do or at least help to contribute

21. skinlab

I'm not giving up on this phone. I was going to get the Samsung metro was offering for the same price with a 1.4 quad core and 16 gb internal. It was the same size as the motion. I'm 45. I been a welder for 25 of those years..I chose this phone because I can see better.

22. LordHide

LordHide Lurker

USB Tethering works for this phone, currently tethering and on T-Mobile

23. Zeroastros

Cannot connect to PC anymore so there goes my chances for rooting this phone...
    Also here are some REALLY annoying bugs I've had with this phone so far(not sure if anyone else has these)
    1: When I'm at school my music plays randomly and skips through the songs then pauses whenever it wants... I had this happen just a while ago when I got home...
    2:Calls won't come in and SMS ( My data works fine ) And When I call no one can here my voice
    3: notification drawer pulls down randomly and gets stuck

I'm losing hope and regret this phone :mad:

24. LordHide

LordHide Lurker

Sounds like you need to do a Factory Reset

25. Zeroastros

Really? Ugh... That's the last thing I want to do, I'll wait till the end of the week

26. HUAWEIu8652

HUAWEIu8652 Lurker

SRS root listed the 7040N (Metro PCS) and 7040T (T-Mobile) as compatible on their Twitter site but i keep on trying and it wont work even though android versions and build numbers match.

Nathaniel White likes this.
  27. Mohndo

Mohndo Lurker

Hey fellow members, I only signed up to notify some of you who still have no success in rooting the Alcatel 7040N, I would use anTuTu Benchmark and KingRoot 4.1 English Version in attempt of root but failed and would reboot in the rang percentage of 19%-24% Until I read a thread on XDA Forums that helped me significantly. It has to do with how much lag or tampering you need to do with your phone performance, so this is what i did and i got a 100% successful root with KingRoot 4.1 (Eng) i downlaoded Geekbench 3, AnTuTu Benchmark, CPU Benchmark, and Speedtest from the playstore, i ran the the speed test in background, ran the stress test in CPU Benchmark in background, ran anTuTu Benchmark in background, ran Geekbench 3 in background and finally ran KingRoot and started rooting until it reached 55% and rebooted i waited until my phone was completely on and then KingRoot opened automatically it then boosted from 55% all the way to 100%! and successfully rooted, if it doesn't work i highly doubt it because it will! i even updated my phone before rooting and still worked good luck and i hope you appreciate my feedback!