1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Root for Fierce 2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skinlab, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Alcatel lover

Alcatel lover Lurker

I don't know if anyone else knows how to do this or whatever but I own the Alcatel one touch fierce two 7040n and I did get it to go into recovery mode and get the adb sidelode to work and all that and was wondering if anything can be done about that

Advertisement

2. skinlab

skinlab Well-Known Member

Wish I had an answer for you. Seems as though people are losing faith in root for this phone. (myself included)
    Alcatel is a shit company. I will never get another one of their phones.
    Really pisses me off that I have to buy the phone outright and, I can't even own it. You root your phone, you void your warranty. It's win win for them. You buy a pc, you can delete all the system files you want. It's not locked.
    We are denied control of our own possessions. You know what burns my ass more than that? A flame about 3 feet tall. /rant...

derpy01 and Blackhawk1969 like this.
  3. Alcatel lover

Alcatel lover Lurker

I wish we could do something about it

4. Blackhawk1969

Blackhawk1969 Well-Known Member

Yep,makes me feel like returning it and saying "its broken.. I cant gain administration rights... Are you renting me this phone or do i actually own it? And if i do own it then why cant i delete the metro crap hogging up all the space??

skinlab likes this.
  5. Alcatel lover

Alcatel lover Lurker

Yeah I never have room on it

6. skinlab

I hate this phone. /rant

7. SeemsLegit

SeemsLegit Member

I gave up on this phone, and switched to the ZTE Zmax, i suggest everyone do the same
    but the only downside is that we're in the same boat as this one.
    No root ;-;

one guy did root it but he wont release it because people trolled him or something, either way, i lost hope for this thing.
    I think we should all push our attention over to the zmax
    huehuehue
    its a much better phone than this one anyways, cause its a phablet

8. skinlab

Yeah and 16gb internal storage.

9. derpy01

derpy01 Well-Known Member

This phone is a phablet, i think the requirement is either 4.5 or 5 for phablet and this fits that barely...

10. GTizzle

GTizzle Well-Known Member

Exactly, and i hate to admit it,but i am also losing faith for this phone, i cant stand Alcatel, I'm Getting The F70 next month, at least i can have a rooted phone, with CM 12 with lollipop. I will Still Be Active On This Forum.

11. skinlab

12. GTizzle

13. GTizzle

14. skinlab

15. besides no root and only 2gb memory, how is this phone perform?

16. SeemsLegit

SeemsLegit Member

It works quite well for it being so cheap. Certainly worth it. However, after i bought my ZMAX i noticed that the screen had become super laggy and i did a factory reset three times and it only sped it up a little. Not sure if this is a problem with all devices, or just mine. But i do know that I don't know what i could have done for my phone to be doing that. There's minor bugs as well. Like the utilities button in the top right when you swipe the status bar down disapears, and reappears. But aside from all that, if all you have is enough money for this phone, then get it. If you have more money but are just looking to spend less, i'd suggest something else.

17. skinlab

Getting the ZMAX today.
    I cancelled the order for the China phone I ordered. It wasn't a 4g phone.

18. derpy01

derpy01 Well-Known Member

It was LTE though

19. skinlab

Yeah but wrong bands.
    It wouldn't have worked on metro/tmob..

#419 skinlab, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  20. BeefTheMeats

BeefTheMeats Lurker

Lol I have a bus pirate and all the probes but don't know how to use the damn thing unless there is a step by step tutorial ;). I was never good at coding

I'm going to start putting this phone in my back pocket and hope it breaks one day

21. I don't know much about rooting but I thought I might as well show you guys this video I found I don't have an extra sim card so I can't try it

22. floridaboy89

floridaboy89 Newbie

Praying for one you fantastic devs to find a root for this phone I'm rooting for ya lmao

mrrom and Blackhawk1969 like this.
  23. GTizzle

yeah man, unfortunantley thats SIM unlock, and not BOOTLOADER unlock.

24. Blackhawk1969

Blackhawk1969 Well-Known Member

LET THERE BE ROOT!!!!

25. SeemsLegit

SeemsLegit Member

just posting for motivation, or you rooted the device?