• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root for Fierce 2?

Sorry about that but hate it when people dont know what there talking about
We help on this site. If you think someone doesn't know what they're talking about just explain it.

I tried all I can do and I exhausted on trying to root this phone. Roots not really worth it on mtk devices cause all you get is a half baked cyanogen mod that barely works. Just look up other mtk devices. Sure you can customize the stock ROM, but it still has the same quirks if you didn't root it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Well today got a little bit of good news for Fierce 2 owners.The devs working on Zte Zmax root have found an exploit yesterday and have made it into a proof of concept apk to see if it installs and reboots the phone...I tried it on my Fierce 2 and it worked the same as it was suppose to on there Zmax...They got a dev compiling the exploit and SuperSU into an apk now and I'll get back to everyone when I try it.

Upvote 0
Well today got a little bit of good news for Fierce 2 owners.The devs working on Zte Zmax root have found an exploit yesterday and have made it into a proof of concept apk to see if it installs and reboots the phone...I tried it on my Fierce 2 and it worked the same as it was suppose to on there Zmax...They got a dev compiling the exploit and SuperSU into an apk now and I'll get back to everyone when I try it.
Did it work woody ?

Upvote 0
Did it work woody ?

I am no developer, but it
sounds like it is going to take a little time and patience. A dev is saying that the exploit is most definitely proven. Now they need someone who is well versed in JAVA to code an APK in such a way that it itself grants root access and copies the SU binary into the system folder.

At least that's what I think is happening. A JAVA expert who can script is needed.

I am assuming that Woody has already proven that the exploit exists on the Fierce 2 the same as it does on the ZTE MAX, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: floridaboy89
Upvote 0
Well last thing we need is ANOTHER scammer. U better come back online, I hope this is legit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones