• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

root for htc dream rogers

amirgt71

Lurker
Aug 13, 2009
hi i got the htc dream from rogers a few weeks ago and i cant get around rooting it there are instructions on how to to root the tmob g1 and the tch magic but theres nothing on hte rogers dream ,can anyone give me a detailed easy to fallow guide to getting root access and unlocking the htc dream ?
thanks..

hi i got the htc dream from rogers a few weeks ago and i cant get around rooting it there are instructions on how to to root the tmob g1 and the tch magic but theres nothing on hte rogers dream ,can anyone give me a detailed easy to fallow guide to getting root access and unlocking the htc dream ?
thanks..

A TAG Search of the site would have yielded this link for you ... Please search !!

http://androidforums.com/htc-magic/6354-rogers-htc-magic-dream-have-finally-been-rooted.html

Upvote 0
If you look further into the thread and the disscussions below it you will notice that it's clearly indicated that the process only applies solely to the htc magic and will not work for the htc dream,pleAse
get back to me on this as soon as posible ,thank you

The reason he pointed you to that is because of the title as for the original Rogers Dream Root it was proven to be too risky and had issues... as you can see here: Guide to root Rogers G1's - xda-developers so they came up with a better and more complete guide which is here: Rogers, heres your real root - xda-developers this is also linked on the page with the original method stating to use this instead.... and if you read the instructions it clearly says "(note: this is for the dream, the method works for the magic you just need to flash a magic compatible recovery.img)" so hope it works for ya....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones