• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROOT for Huawei VALIANT ( Y301-A1 ) ???

Android smartphone Huawei VALIANT ( Y301-A1 ), power of a 1.0 GHz dual-core Qualcomm processor on Android 4.1 operating system, VERY cheap, and with no contract,$79 came out recently for MetroPCS.

I looked everywhere on the internet and I think there isn't any root for this device. If anyone knows how to root Huawei VALIANT:eek:, if you make a post about this, it would be wonderful.

Thank You.

Reactions: kevinss
I haven't figured how to root it yet , but did find a chip unlock solution for GSM part of it. I've got the phone when it went on sale 2 weeks ago for $29.99 and it's pretty nice. What makes it even nicer that i was able to GSM unlock it for 4$
Initially found a guy on e-bay - he is from UK, but then he gave me his web page and i got the unlock code. He have sent me a 4 16 digit numbers. Instructions where to use the first one but the first one did not work. I've contacted him and got following response:
I am sorry to hear that code didn't work;

It could be due to the Jelly bean or latest android upgrade, as all unlock codes comes from official supplier.

As always there are some exceptions to the rules. So in-case your unlock code has not worked the first time. Please backup your data on the phone and perform a full factory reset from settings menu and re-enter the code after restart.

After reset if the first 16 digit code failed please enter the other codes one by one. As one of them should work.

So i went in to recovery (Power-off, Vol-UP & power on) did factory reset, then started entering all the numbers one by one out of the 4 he have sent. The 3rd one worked.

To test put a T-Mobile SIM that didn't work before and got service and even 3G, which really surprised me because I thought this is an AT& network specific phone.

The guys contact info is:
R Khan
+44 792 3038 222
Burj Tech Milton Keynes::Smart Phones::Mobile Device Unlocking::pC Fix ::Computer Repair::Android Root Super SU:: Rooting Service::
Save 5%, BTD5

you have to register on his web site to get 5% off, also i don't see why would you want 5% off 4$

Reactions: kevinss
Upvote 0
Reactions: Spec2nirvash
Upvote 0
Hi there. I'm kinda new to the forums, but I'm a guy who up until now has just been lurking around and learning all I can about Androids. Anyway, I tried everything I could think of to root this phone (after all, it is a pain in the a** if you don't anymore), and I came up with a program called Kingoroot. It isn't mine, and I just tried it out on some other phones. Just on a whim, I ran it, (after turning on USB debugging on the phone, of course), next connected the USB cable between my PC and my phone, followed the instructions, and it rooted it. I next installed, ran and updated supersu (available on playstore) the phone installed I verified it using rootchecker (also available on playstore). Appears to be a good root! :)

My system specs are:

System updates: Last updated 8/13/2014 11:03 PM PST
Country = USA
Network = Metro PCS (T-Mobile backbone)
Model = Huawei Y301A1 (Valiant)
Android version = 4.4.1
Kernal version =
3.4.0-perf-gc50ad38
android@localhost #1
SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 2320:06:54
GST 2014

Build number = Y301A1V100R001C85B138

You can download the Kingoroot program free at kingoapp dot com

I'm not responsible for what you do with this sh1+. Hope it helps!

“The secret of being a bore is to tell everything.” - Voltaire

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones