• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root For The HAM2 Has Been Discovered

EvilGenius

Lurker
Sep 11, 2014
A few days ago a method was discovered on how to unlock the bootloader for the Ascend Mate 2. Once this was unlocked, most rooting methods worked.

I personally tried Kingo and my Ham2 is now rooted.

If you wanna learn how check out the XDA forum.

EDIT: I am new here so I dont really know if posting a link to the XDA forum is allowed so, if you wanna root your phone just do a search.

I really wanna get KitKat going so HAM2 users can finally get off Jelly Bean.

Moved to the root subforum. :)

Welcome to the forums, EvilGenius!
Linking to XDA is fine, just as long as it's only a link and you're not claiming ownership of something else's work. ;)
If you have any questions check out the site rules in my sig, or drop me a line!

Thanks. Okay cool, good to know. I didnt wanna disrespect this forum by linking to another. On some forums that is frowned upon.

Since root is now a go (I can confirm this and have my HAM2 rooted) How long do you guys see it before a KK update is released in America?

Upvote 0
Thanks. Okay cool, good to know. I didnt wanna disrespect this forum by linking to another. On some forums that is frowned upon.

Since root is now a go (I can confirm this and have my HAM2 rooted) How long do you guys see it before a KK update is released in America?

Please post the link and/or instructions for how to unlock the bootloader and root the phone.

Many thanks!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones