• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROOT] For the LG Spectrum ICS OTA

Sorry, I just realized I posted on the original spectrum page..spectrum 2 support is next to nothing..I ran the motochopper zip file with success, doesn't unlock the boot loader but I have some sort of cwm on there now as well..I bought the touch recovery but don't know how to get that back..or if I can flash it..sorry I get carried away, I'm on the Spectrum one I know...was this pwnage tool only for the vs920? Or will it with with my vs930 as well?

Upvote 0
Ok right on..I figured..I just want to find a way to remove bloat..says I could with the motochopper.zip but it only gives me the app info button, from what I understand it does not unlock the bootloader but finds a way around it..but if anybody has a link or something on how to do it can u PM me out something? Gotta stop posting bout the vs930 just looking for some help..I still have my Spec vs920..did 4.3 get released yet for it?

Upvote 0
Ok right on..I figured..I just want to find a way to remove bloat..says I could with the motochopper.zip but it only gives me the app info button, from what I understand it does not unlock the bootloader but finds a way around it..but if anybody has a link or something on how to do it can u PM me out something? Gotta stop posting bout the vs930 just looking for some help..I still have my Spec vs920..did 4.3 get released yet for it?

Removing bloat - all you will need is root and a program like Titanium Backup to freeze bloatware. Be careful with this tho, freezing the wrong app will cause a security error.

Spec1 getting 4.3 - TDM released an unofficial beta in the cm 10.2 thread. I've been using it for a week now. There are a few video based bugs but its pretty good.

Reactions: overdope
Upvote 0
Actually, we have pretty solid 4.3/JB support via official CM 10.2 and TDM's PACE ROM.

There is also a very respectable 4.4/KitKat beta in the PACE thread but it's not 100% yet.

Nathan, good looking out with mentioning this to him... Though, since he's on a VS950, none of these would work for him... Might be salt in the wound :p

Upvote 0
Yes, but open suse, and ubuntu use different systems. It is works half way in ubuntu unless you follow these steps.
Terminal, root and bash are the same.
.deb and .rpm are package management utilities, kernel, terminal and bash are the same.
It would seem that you are dong a Lucid and not a Spectrum and there maybe is the difference. :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones