1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Root gone bad?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jross37, Dec 3, 2010.

1. jross37

jross37 New Member

Dec 3, 2010
    After apploying a MOD via ROM Manager all seemed well but now my phone keeps getting to the start screen where I see the Droid eye and then it just keeps cycling. Have tried a number of things but can't seem to fix the issue. Am I screwed?

Advertisement

2. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    Did you make a nandroid backup before applying the mod? If so you can go back to it. If you're running the stock ROM most mods/themes won't work unless you're on a deodexed ROM.

3. jross37

jross37 New Member

Dec 3, 2010
    I did make a backup but it doesn't seem to be working. Can I just go back to the standard ROM? Looks like I can access the USB from the recovery menu -- any idea where I could find the stock ROM?

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
  5. jross37

jross37 New Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Thanks for that. Getting closer I think, but now hangs at the droid eye when I reboot. I'm still a noob but wondering if that means I might need to format my sdcard or something? Wanted to wait before someone who knew better gave me some advice.

6. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    So you loaded Virtuous and still having the problem? If so, have you tried clearing data/cache in CWM before the install? What Rom are you coming from?

7. jross37

jross37 New Member

Dec 3, 2010
    I got it running -- I'm a n00b and it looks like my order of operations for loading the new ROM was wrong. Doug over at HTC Incredible Forum set me straight. I used that ROM that was linked above. Thanks!