• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I decided to try my luck with rooting my FHD 10 ME302C and I'm afraid that I've messed something up. To root it, I used Kingo Root. It rooted successfully. However, I decided that I no longer needed it to be rooted and just factory reset the tablet, not knowing that there was a remove root option in the app. When I factory reset, the root app was still there and I finally found the option to remove it in it, so I used it. The root was apparently removed successfully, but there were now plenty of problems. I could install and run apps fine, but the built in browser would not work, the tablet would not lock (the screen would just turn off) and the notification center will not open. Can you help me restore the default firmware on my tablet? ASUS Live Chat was not very helpful. One guy said that I needed to RMA it and another said to flash default firmware to tablet and gave me instructions on how to, but the instructions were for another tablet. I factory reset again and again and it just brought me back to the broken state. Also, internal storage and sd card no longer show up under the device in My Computer/This PC although the device itself does show up (just the name, but if you double-click it will lead to an empty folder). It did show up before but after a few factory resets it stopped showing up. I really need some help restoring the default firmware and I'm a pretty big newbie in terms of rooting and all that stuff.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones