• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root help-figured out what is the problem, now i need help with this

ohsleeper86

Apr 10, 2012
ok i figured it out, somewhat. i took all apps off my sd card, put them on my computer. then i formatted my sd card. i then insertd it and it WILL let me move any apps(yahoo mail for example). then i moved it back and took my sd out. i put my apps and everything back onto my sd card. then i inserted in my phone and it will NOT let me move yahoo. this sounds like a file problem, any help on this.

i also just did some more investigating and if i delete all the files from my android secure file, it will let me move any app. but then my apps on my sd card wont load. but once i put the original android secure files ack, the apps on sd will load but not let me to move to sd. the files in the android secure file are all asec. files. anyonw got any suggestions?

Some apps are not going to allow you to move them to the SD card of an unrooted Device. That is the way the Dev has encoded them to do, stay in the system. Most messaging, E-mail apps,widgets, and anything that requires an active internet connection to function properly, will be regulated to the system only.
The only way to change this is if you are rooted and use Link2SD or some other similar app which will allow you to move it to the SD card but still have it linked to the system.
I would put everything back the way it was before you started trying to do the impossible with a non-rooted phone. Also if you get to low on space on the SD card it will not allow you to move an app. The SD cards do not have the actual space as stated by the manufacture. Some space is taken up by it's OS.

Upvote 0
i do have a rooted phone. isaid that already. obviously you cant move apps like mail to your sd UNLESS your rooted. that is NOT the issue. the issue is the files in the android secure file. they are links to my apps. if i delete them, i CAN move apps like mail to the sd(ROOTED). but when i put the files back into the android secure file location, my apps on sd are available to use again but NOT able to move to sd. ITS THOSE FILES>

the only thing i can think of is to uninstall every app on my sd card. that will empty out my android secure file list. then maybe i can go back in and re download them all and HOPEFULLY it will let me push them all to sd. This will be alot of work. Does this sound like a good plan or a waste of time.

Upvote 0
ok i figured it out, somewhat. i took all apps off my sd card, put them on my computer. then i formatted my sd card. i then insertd it and it WILL let me move any apps(yahoo mail for example). then i moved it back and took my sd out. i put my apps and everything back onto my sd card. then i inserted in my phone and it will NOT let me move yahoo. this sounds like a file problem, any help on this.

i also just did some more investigating and if i delete all the files from my android secure file, it will let me move any app. but then my apps on my sd card wont load. but once i put the original android secure files ack, the apps on sd will load but not let me to move to sd. the files in the android secure file are all asec. files. anyonw got any suggestions? .
i do have a rooted phone. obviously you cant move apps like mail to your sd UNLESS your rooted. that is NOT the issue. the issue is the files in the android secure file. they are links to my apps. if i delete them, i CAN move apps like mail to the sd(ROOTED). but when i put the files back into the android secure file location, my apps on sd are available to use again but NOT able to move to sd. ITS THOSE FILES>

the only thing i can think of is to uninstall every app on my sd card. that will empty out my android secure file list. then maybe i can go back in and re download them all and HOPEFULLY it will let me push them all to sd. This will be alot of work. Does this sound like a good plan or a waste of time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones