1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root help needed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NN123, Dec 20, 2012.

1. NN123

NN123 Lurker

Hi all, Firstly I need to say, I am new to rooting devices so please forgive my stupid questions.

I have an HTC Desire S and its a few months old. I have read in other forums that if you need to have it repaired you can always unroot it to still keep warranty. My question is are all ways of rooting the same and completely reversible? (Just say I want to go back to the original Android V2.3.)

I am running the ICS ruu update from HTC on my device. I am not too happy with the response and "fluidity" of my device. Like switching between apps. It lags sometimes and occasionally freezes. Many people say this can be prevented by rooting the phone.

Overall I want a better experience on my phone and change the look and be able to have complete access to it. Would you guys recommend rooting?

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Welcome to Android Forums NN123. Thanks for joining and using these forums. I'm sure the knowledgeable and friendly users can answer your questions and get you started down the best path. Have fun...

NN123 likes this.

HTC Desire S Forum

The HTC Desire S release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews