1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tylerisgood, May 20, 2011.

1. tylerisgood

tylerisgood Lurker

Hey,

I've been trying to root my phone for a while, and can't seem to get it going. I've looked at a few guides, (this: Nexus S: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki being the main one) and tried everything, but still can't seem to get it.

I've managed to unlock my bootloader, and now I'm stuck trying to flash clockwork.

I've downloaded a few different files, from different websites. Put them all in the same folder as fastboot, tried renaming them, and everytime I get 'error: cannot load namehere.img'.

I've tried Googling this, and it seems I need to root my phone before doing this. I thought this was rooting the phone?

Also, from the one guide, I've tried using RomManager. Doing this:
    This just gives me another error message, telling me I have to root my phone first.

I'm sorry if this is a replica post, but I haven't found anything on this. I'm pretty new to android, and kind of lost. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. B2L

B2L Android Expert

3. tylerisgood

tylerisgood Lurker

I was following that one, too. It says pretty much the same as the others. I can't get clockword mod to flash to my phone. I don't know where I'm going wrong.

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews