• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root hotspot?

sca94

Lurker
Jan 1, 2013
I have rooted my HTC incredible 2 on 2.3.4. And I am wondering how I can use my Verizon 3g data and turn it into WiFi for my nexus 7. I am using the stock Rom and have not done anything other than rooting and downloading superuser.

Several apps that I have tried do not work (barnacle tether, garden WiFi) and they have not worked. I am willing to pay an app if it will work properly. Thanks.

Edit: my tablet finds the open garden WiFi but can not connect to the IP address.

I have rooted my HTC incredible 2 on 2.3.4. And I am wondering how I can use my Verizon 3g data and turn it into WiFi for my nexus 7. I am using the stock Rom and have not done anything other than rooting and downloading superuser.

Several apps that I have tried do not work (barnacle tether, garden WiFi) and they have not worked. I am willing to pay an app if it will work properly. Thanks.

Edit: my tablet finds the open garden WiFi but can not connect to the IP address.

sca94 I also have an Incredible 2 from Verizon & a N7... I would like to do the same as you. How do I go about rooting my phone also... Keep in mind I'm a newbie at this... Is there a link I could follow.

Upvote 0
sca94 I also have an Incredible 2 from Verizon & a N7... I would like to do the same as you. How do I go about rooting my phone also... Keep in mind I'm a newbie at this... Is there a link I could follow.

All you need should be right here:
http://androidforums.com/incredible-2-all-things-root/520738-incredible-2-all-things-root-guide.html

I used to use barnacle and PdaNet, but almost exclusively use WiFi HotSpot/WiFi Tethering for my wireless, and still use PdaNet for wired.

Reminder:
It is against forum rules to discuss actions that break your terms of service/break the law. Make sure you're not doing that. New contracts with VZ on the "Shared Plans" do include tethering, but the old "Unlimited" ones do not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones