1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

root hotspot?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sca94, Jan 1, 2013.

1. sca94

sca94 Lurker

I have rooted my HTC incredible 2 on 2.3.4. And I am wondering how I can use my Verizon 3g data and turn it into WiFi for my nexus 7. I am using the stock Rom and have not done anything other than rooting and downloading superuser.

Several apps that I have tried do not work (barnacle tether, garden WiFi) and they have not worked. I am willing to pay an app if it will work properly. Thanks.

Edit: my tablet finds the open garden WiFi but can not connect to the IP address.

2. sca94

sca94 Lurker

bump, new user needing help, thanks.

3. little york

little york Newbie

Thats weird that barnacle didnt work cause that was the only one i could get to work on mine.

4. Cuzza

Cuzza Lurker

sca94 I also have an Incredible 2 from Verizon & a N7... I would like to do the same as you. How do I go about rooting my phone also... Keep in mind I'm a newbie at this... Is there a link I could follow.

5. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member

All you need should be right here:
    http://androidforums.com/incredible-2-all-things-root/520738-incredible-2-all-things-root-guide.html

I used to use barnacle and PdaNet, but almost exclusively use WiFi HotSpot/WiFi Tethering for my wireless, and still use PdaNet for wired.

Reminder:
    It is against forum rules to discuss actions that break your terms of service/break the law. Make sure you're not doing that. New contracts with VZ on the "Shared Plans" do include tethering, but the old "Unlimited" ones do not.

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews