• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root htc evo 4g 2.3.5 question

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!
ok you will need to use this guide: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-rooting-gingerbread-2-3-5-dummies-guide.html
I have been trying to use the guide but had problems and was responding to Mike. In the interim I think I found out the major problem and was re-trying method 3. I got as far as the 9th step - adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.sh --setup. Rather than fully rebooting this step took me back to the native bootloader screen and I had to press reboot. Not sure if this was normal but I proceeded anyway. I did the next step calling for --root and at this point the phone would not fully reboot but cycled between the sprint into and the next boot animation. Again I do not know if this is normal but I proceeded anyway. I got as far as step 11 and I did get the # symbol. I then did step 12 and it errored out indicating that it could not find /data/flash_image. Any idea as to what I am doing wrong?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones