• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {ROOT} Incredible...Please close thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
same here bro! :)
Winmo is dead.

I'm all about android but I wouldn't count Microsoft out. They are going to be late to the show though.

Take a look at Windows Phone 7.

At first I didn't like the tile look they gave it but once I so how they work, I think they will have a decent platform and I'm sure business users will keep them in the game.

For me though, Android is where its at.

Upvote 0
I'm all about android but I wouldn't count Microsoft out. They are going to be late to the show though.

Take a look at Windows Phone 7.

At first I didn't like the tile look they gave it but once I so how they work, I think they will have a decent platform and I'm sure business users will keep them in the game.

For me though, Android is where its at.

windows mobile went the apple route...i could say "enough said"
but...it does have potential. its just i like to have TOTAL control over my device. From what MS is saying, WP7 will not give u that ability.
so...glad its been almost two years and android has done nothing but improve. I couldnt care less about winmo.
on that note DROIIIIDDD!! incredible :)

Upvote 0
windows mobile went the apple route...i could say "enough said"
but...it does have potential. its just i like to have TOTAL control over my device. From what MS is saying, WP7 will not give u that ability.
so...glad its been almost two years and android has done nothing but improve. I couldnt care less about winmo.
on that note DROIIIIDDD!! incredible :)

I still love my Touch pro 2....I am so nostaligic...lol

Upvote 0
Hey Acidbath hopefully rooting will go smoother for the incredible than for the eris. I know you guys over at xda took a lot of crap while working on root for the eris. Also I posted the extracted rom over the xda to save some people some time from extracting the rom from the ruu.

I was following you guys for a while in the Eris thread. I think you'll like the people here a little better. ;)

Upvote 0
I still love my Touch pro 2....I am so nostaligic...lol

so i manage about 6 windows mobile phones at my gig...
i never had a touch pro 2 though...my last winmo device was an omnia...i abhor winmo!
but i know your like a rom MAKER so...i could imagine u having a sort of...emotional attachment to it ay? :)
im not gonna lie, if android wasnt so open 'in theory' and i didnt invest so many months approaching years into it (currently researching developing for it) then i would be all over winmo. the new closed model and everything.
but...alas. I CANT! I JUST CANT!
ok...im done :)

Upvote 0
I was following you guys for a while in the Eris thread. I think you'll like the people here a little better. ;)

Yeah...Have been here for awhile and love it here :)

Just checked my order status with verizon and it now shows:
"Order Status: Your order has been processed. You should receive your order within 2 - 3 business days."

Awesome :)

Reactions: pequeajim
Upvote 0
so i manage about 6 windows mobile phones at my gig...
i never had a touch pro 2 though...my last winmo device was an omnia...i abhor winmo!
but i know your like a rom MAKER so...i could imagine u having a sort of...emotional attachment to it ay? :)
im not gonna lie, if android wasnt so open 'in theory' and i didnt invest so many months approaching years into it (currently researching developing for it) then i would be all over winmo. the new closed model and everything.
but...alas. I CANT! I JUST CANT!
ok...im done :)

Yeah I hear ya...
I just love the design and keyboard on my Touch pro 2...
And still love working on it...although in so many ways it has kinda hit its peak...
So now in 2-3 days I will have 1 ghz Android Power with that beauty HTC Sense!

Upvote 0
Root Reportedly Achieved! Updated 04/26/2010 - xda-developers

Well folks it Looks like we have Root thanks to the Founder of Modaco Pual O'Brien.....

Quote:
"The current Desire root status is that I DO have root access in a method that I believe can be replicated on other devices (I have a retail T-Mo device and i've had no issues), however HTC have implemented some rather sneaky protection methods that prevent writing of data to key partitions (boot, recovery, system etc.) which prevent us from enabling custom ROMs etc.

Aside from hoping an engineering SPL (and a way to flash it!) emerges, I do have a number of approaches I plan to try that I hope will unlock the last piece of the Desire puzzle, so don't give up hope just yet... progress IS being made...."

• For those who dont understand why HTC Desire/Legend effects us Droid Incredible users, essentially the HTC Desire is the essentialy the same phone, just the U.K Version....so it should be rather easy to transfer the same steps over to our Droid Incredible.

Since the have rooted the Desire pretty much to the fullest, that means they will transfer the steps over and then we'll have the Incredible set for root once it's released! That's awesome!! ... Even though I might wait a bit to root mine lol.. Like a few weeks.. But good news on progress! :D

Upvote 0
Yeah I hear ya...
I just love the design and keyboard on my Touch pro 2...
And still love working on it...although in so many ways it has kinda hit its peak...
So now in 2-3 days I will have 1 ghz Android Power with that beauty HTC Sense!

SO cool!
I`m gonna have to let you guys tinker and work out the crap alone...I wont have one until the week of 5/16 when my contract is up :mad:
not worried, I know you are all over the root thing so my phone will have a comfy landing when it arrives! :D

GO ROOT!! :p

Upvote 0
SO cool!
I`m gonna have to let you guys tinker and work out the crap alone...I wont have one until the week of 5/16 when my contract is up :mad:
not worried, I know you are all over the root thing so my phone will have a comfy landing when it arrives! :D

GO ROOT!! :p

Lame...make us do all the work.....Yet again ;) ;)

I hope to have a nice ROM/Kitchen waiting for you and your care bear ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones