1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Root issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 2005blkgto, Mar 9, 2011.

1. 2005blkgto

2005blkgto Newbie
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    Unemployed
    In The Drive Way
    How it going folks?

Alright so a buddy & I both have HTC EVO's, mine is already rooted and I am having no issues but on the other hand I tried to root my buddy's EVO and I ran into a issue.
    I did everything like I was suppose to do with Unrevoked and the steps prior to it, at the end it said rooting was successful and when the EVO rebooted superusers was on and all the crap apps were gone.
    So I download rom manager, astro, etc...
    When I download the rom and was also going to do a backup the EVO rebooted like it is suppose too but what happens is it gets stuck on the white splash screen and does not move, I know it takes some time but not 4 hours, eventually the battery died so I recharged it and the phone powered up perfectly fine. So I retry to do the rom and same thing so an hour later I pulled the battery and tried another rom and the same thing happend I also tried just running a backup and same thing it just gets stuck at the splash screen.
    I even tried going into clockworks mod but when click on recovery it boots to the white splash screen and gets stuck there.

What did I do wrong? I even followed the youtube video steps that I used to root my EVO, I don't know where or what went wrong?
    Also I tried rerooting it and now unrevoked just asks is the version or software is too new - I get a error on the EVO and the EVO reboots.

All & Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated!!
    Thanks!

Advertisement

2. aburgthing

aburgthing Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    District Chief in City of Pgh. paramedic rescue se
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Sound like you need to do a little backtracking to find out where you were and where you are now. What ROM was on the phone? What ROM did you try to flash? One of the most common causes of the symptoms you are describing is flashing the ROM with the wrong radios. If you were on the older baseband radios and flashed a ROM that needs the newer radios you will freeze on the Evo splash screen. If you can reboot into recovery you should be fine, but we need some more information before proceeding.

3. EvoFrick

EvoFrick Member
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Also was u and ur friends evo purchased at the same time ? I thought I read somewhere evos that were stock froyo 2.2 were currently unabled to be rooted. Hrmm idk just weird

4. 2005blkgto

2005blkgto Newbie
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    Unemployed
    In The Drive Way

It was all stock, I tired flashing the same ROM I have warm twopointtwo & than afterwards I tried Kings new ROM and same thing even when I tried to do a simple back up it would freeze on the splash screen.

I followed the steps on here/youtube on how to root, mine was a success with no issues and my friends EVO went south, I going to try to downgrade the clockworks or switch it over to amon ra and see what happens, if that fails than I don't know what happend. At this point I can't even unroot it cause if I try to goto clock works from pressing volume down and power it will still freeze at the splash screen.

5. 2005blkgto

2005blkgto Newbie
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    Unemployed
    In The Drive Way
    I bought mine in November of 2010 and he just bought his February of 2011.

Tags: