1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Root issues HTC Desire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tomlad, Jul 24, 2011.

1. tomlad

tomlad Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Hi all, hope this is in the right section.

I rooted my Desire last night using unRevoked 3.3 with the intention of removing all the bloatware on my phone and forcing most of the apps onto the sd card.

My phone seems to have rooted fine, i have the Superuser Permissions application on there, and Titanium backup pro seems to be working too.

Now when i use Titanium backup to try and remove programs such as Stocks, News and Weather, News etc... I click on the app in the list, click un-install and then it tells me its uninstalled. However the apps still appear in my menu and are still there following a reboot. Ive also tried another method using Super Manager and that doesent seem to work either. The apps are still there following them being 'uninstalled'.

Also, similar situation with the SD card, i downloaded Move2SD enabler and that doesent seem to let me move certain apps like Maps, Facebook and others.

Any idea where im going wrong? My phone is in debug usb mode too.

Any help would be great.
    Cheers

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Sorry to say, but lack of research is the problem

Facebook and maps are system apps. These cannot be moved. They cannot be deleted to save space without s-off (they can be deleted but their space cannot be reallocated)

Please go to "all about rooting" sticky thread. There is a root memory faq that will help you decide and understand what options are available to you

Tags: