• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root KD Kurio 7

I've successfully rooted the Kurio 7.

Here is how.

1 Install usb drivers. Here is a copy I modded for the Kurio 7. Android USB drivers 32&64 bits - W7-Vista.zip

2.Once the drivers are installed goto sourceforge.net and search for android root unlock. Unzip and run the bat file.

**Make sure tablet reboots completely each time you press a key**

Enjoy!!!!

Nice work, sinean. :)

Upvote 0
Hi,

I'm trying to root my kids kurio 7s but everything I'm running into is referring to kurio 7 without the "s". I tried following some of the guides for the kurio 7 but started running into a problem when trying to run the android driver from device manager on my windows 7 64bit pc. The file "Android USB drivers 32&64 bits - W7-Vista.zip" that everyone is providing doesn't seem to fit for the kurio 7s. Can anyone please provide me a driver for the kurio 7s? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for your time and support.

Upvote 0
Gaffers,

Not sure if it will work with kurio 4s; I assume if you are able to locate the files/drivers then it could work. That's the issue I was running into with my 7s, couldn't find the android driver for it.

In reference to root: when you root something, it provides you access to features and/or functions that you normally would not have with a regular device; however, rooting a device can cause damage it is not performed correctly. Check this link out for more info on rooting: Android rooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good Luck!!

Reactions: Gaffers
Upvote 0
I had a hell of a time with my Kurio7, ended up bricked after a bad CM. So I ended up using LiveSuit (only the version Livesuit_Win7_64bit, tweaked by some kind soul) worked for me. I had to use a 2.3.4 image to get it working: LY-F1_A10+2.3.4_20120107. Download site is mildly dodgy. Be careful where you click! Used answers here (see answer 22) to fix driver issues that made problems after that, but now can use shell commands and need to decide if I will leave it as is or upgrade. So much trouble to change anything on this device! Could always go back to stock if I had to. Hope this info helps someone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones