1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root method linux

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brandonabandon, Oct 7, 2014.

1. brandonabandon

HELLO EXHIBIT COMMUNITY,

i have discovered a new root method working for the t599n. Saferoot, Based on the CVE-2013-6282 exploit by cubeundcube, i have confirmed working on my "in development stage" slimrom. i learned and tested this method simply because all known root methods were unsuccessfully rooting for slimrom.

************************YER WARRANTY IS NOW VOID. PLEASE RESEARCH BEFORE MODIFYING YER DEVICE. I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR YER ACTIONS!!!!!!*****************************************

UBUNTU;
    (assuming adb installed)
    ROOT INSTRUCTIONS;
    download saferoot
    [ROOT] Saferoot: Root for VRUEMJ7, MK2, and

Guggy likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

Man this is too confusing to do >.>

3. Relyt2012

Relyt2012 Android Enthusiast

4. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

Dude I'd say you gotta clean this guide up. Your just saying do this and that like everybody knows how to do that. I know that link to the guide tells you but you should also be more detailed on here too.

5. brandonabandon

what seems to be the problem?

6. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

Not everybody knows about adb or how to use it. You put this mini guide assuming everyone knows what to do. I've used adb before but couldn't get the install.sh to work so I just gave up.

7. dadcup

dadcup Android Expert

I guess you need to be in the dir were is install.sh then type . Install.sh if I don't mistake

Guggy likes this.
  8. exgenmeikoj

exgenmeikoj Android Enthusiast

Honestly you gotta remember that not everyone is tech savvy . just be more detail in your guide step by step on how you would want some one to teach you. Is what kagebeast is saying or not. As kagebeast said how do I do this again

9. brandonabandon

not allowing me to edit the op. an empty document where the op should be. already tried. sorry about that.i will be more considerate in future posts.

10. brandonabandon

lol. i typed n for no busybox @ the pastebin link. im not sure why. type y for yes to install busybox. unable to edit op.

11. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

Well the command is sh /install.sh but it kept telling me there's no such batch file or whatever.

12. brandonabandon

what os?

13. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

Windows. I know it's for like linux or something but I also used the install.batch method and it never moved forward after it asked me if i wanted to install busybox.

14. brandonabandon

my advice, either try the op author for windows instructions or install a linux machine. im pretty sure windows will not run the script. gl

15. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

See that's just too much work just to root for a rom. Blah.

16. brandonabandon

sorry about yer luck kid. if yer unable to access a linux machine (virtual machine, friend, etc.) chances are you wont be able to root. i was unable to root using impactor/vroot via windows. im waiting on permission from dadcup to host a rom i ported, its prerooted. a good option if its new material yer after.

17. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

Yup I'm always looking for new stuff.

Samsung Galaxy Exhibit Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Exhibit release date was May 2013. Features and Specs include a 3.8" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, NovaThor U8420 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

May 2013
Release Date
Reviews